62

To say that Braxton was nervous for her dance was an understatement. As soon as she got home from dropping Betty off, she immediately locked herself in her room and started to practice her dance moves. She had seen the dance performed a few times, so she had a general idea of what to do. She had even practiced it before. But never with the intent to perform a few hours later. She wanted to be sexy, yet appropriate for a seventeen year old.

From her lingerie drawer she picked her favorite pair of black lace panties with its matching bra. She put them on with a pair of black stockings and examined herself in the mirror. "Oh hell yeah." She said to herself then quickly threw on a black jean skirt, white cropped t-shirt, and tied a flannel around her waist. Her hair had its usual curls, and she winged her eye liner. She was ready. She was ready to fully commit to the Serpent world.

At seven thirty she rushed down the stairs and when she did she saw Rich and Danny standing by the door. "Hey." She said when she came to a sudden halt. "Where ya going?" "Hey." Rich replied. "The Wyrm."

Braxton could feel her heart about beat from her chest. "You are? I thought you were done with the Serpents?"

"Your mother thinks it's best we part with them, yes. But we haven't yet, and I would like enjoy a drink with my son."

Danny looked at Braxton who pressed her lips together and looked right at him. He instantly knew that tonight was the night she would be doing the dance.

"Dad?" Danny said as Rich walked towards the door. "What if we check out that new bar on the square?

"You don't want to go to the Wrym?" He asked.

"It's not that. It's just, we always go to the Wrym. Why not try something else?"

"Okay, yeah. I've heard they have a broad selection of craft beers. We'll see you later, honey."

Danny turned to Braxton who mouthed "thank you", and he shot her a wink.

When she walked into the Wrym, she noticed that everyone was already there. Luckily ever since Tall Boy was stripped of his jacket, the Serpents are more open to Northside guests in hopes of obtaining more Serpents.

"Hey!" Toni called as she walked up to her and wrapped her arm around Braxton's neck. "This is great! Our Northside friends are getting along with our Southside and I'm really getting to know Cheryl." "Are you now?" She asked with a large smile as she looked towards Cheryl. She could tell that although she was trying, she felt out of place.

"Plus I've been keeping my eye on Josie and Sweet Pea. I'm not letting her near him."

"Thanks, but I trust him. I don't think you need to separate the two."

She gave Toni's hand a squeeze then took off for the pool tables to see her boyfriend. As she did she passed by a table where Betty was waiting for Jughead to come back with some drinks. "So?" Betty asked as she pulled Braxton in close to her. "I'm still going to do it." She told her. "Yay!" Betty exclaimed as she clapped her hands together. "I can't wait."

"Can't wait for what?" Jughead asked as he set Betty's drink down. "Spring break." Braxton quickly lied. "We decided that us girls are going to get together again."

"Sounds like fun." He said as he looked amongst the two. Braxton gave him a smile and took back off towards the pool tables to see her boyfriend.

As she headed over to them, she noticed Josie and Veronica playing Sweet Pea and Fangs in a game. She walked right up to Sweet Pea, placed her hands on his shoulder as he slipped his hand into her back pocket and pulled her into him. She pressed her lips up against his and he said, "Hey." "Hey." She responded with a smile. "Who's winning?"