60

Even though Archie knew Hiram was using his dad. Even though Archie knew Hirams grand scheme of things, he still stood by his side.

In the living room on Saturday Rich was sitting on the couch watching the news. When Braxton got to the bottom on the stairs she saw Veronica on the screen. "What's going on?" She asked as she walked up and hugged him from behind. "They are announcing a new mayor candidate." He replied.

"Did you know Fred Andrews is running? Archie said the Lodge's convinced him and they plan use him as a pawn."

"That was the plan." He called to her as she walked to the kitchen. "He told me last night he withdrew from the race."

"I wonder what poor soul they are roping in now."

"Hard telling. But speaking of last night. Care to tell me what that was about?"

"What are you talking about?" She asked as she walked into the living room with a glass of orange juice and sat on the sectional with her dad.

"You verbally and physically attacking your mother?"

"Oh, that. I'm not giving up the Serpents just because she wants us to. You finally agreed to us being apart of them."

"Only because I knew you weren't going to back down." He laughed. "I agree with your mother. But I don't agree how she sprung it upon you and Danny."

"So you're on her side?"

"I didn't say that. I said I agree with her."

Braxton held her fathers eyes. She was worried the opportunity for her to become a Serpent was slowly fading away on her.

Rich looked back to the TV where Veronica was about to announce the next candidate, which came to no surprise that it was her mother, Hermione. "Of course it is." He sighed as he rolled his eyes and shut the TV off. "What are you doing today?" He asked turning his attention to Braxton.

"Going to Sweet Pea's. You know, the Serpent boyfriend I'm suppose to stop seeing." She sarcastically replied and got up from the couch to get ready for the day.

Later that evening Sweet Pea and Braxton met up with Fangs and Toni to shoot a few rounds of pool at the Wyrm. "So what do you think of Hermione running for mayor?" Fangs asked as he walked around the table to find a shot. "I think I'd rather talk about the rage of anger someone put off last night at her moms dinner party." Toni laughed looking at Braxton who was sitting on Sweet Pea's lap.

"What are you talking about?" Fangs replied.

"Well Foggarty, while you were out chasing tail SP and I were at the Jones' for a dinner party. The Southside came out in our Braxton here and she got into her mothers face."

"Your mom is here?"

"Unfortunately." She told him.

"So what was that about anyway? I couldn't hear the entire argument over Alice Coopers annoyed sighs while we were in the dinning room."

"She told me our family is done with the Serpents. Even told me she thinks it's best we break up." She told her as she looked towards Sweet Pea.

"What the hell? You're not even technically Serpent though?"

"No.. But I could be."

"Hell yeah!" Toni and Fangs shouted at the same time Sweet Pea said, "What?"

"I mean, why not?" Braxton said to Sweet Pea confused at his response. "If my parents are actually going to exile Danny and I from the Serpents, why not join when I can?"