79

After leaving Pop's, Braxton didn't head straight home. Instead, she ended up on the Southside in Ghoulies territory. The sooner she spoke to Malachai about Archie, the better.

"What? Is this going to be a common reoccurrence?" Jeremiah asked her as she walked into the Smokers Den. "No." She replied. "Is he here?"

"In the back through the black door."

She once again walked through the beaded curtain and and headed to the door. She knocked twice before she slowly opened it. When she did, it looked like an apartment. "Malachai?" She called out, and she heard him call, "Yeah, come on in." from behind the door that was next to her.

She reached for the knob twisting it open, and when she did she saw him standing in the middle of a bathroom in just a towel. "Oh my God." She quickly said covering her eyes.

"I didn't know it was you, Braxton

"I didn't know it was you, Braxton." He told her as he looked down at the towel that was wrapped around his waist.

"We need to talk."

"I feel like I'm about to get into a fight with my girlfriend."

"Just, put some pants on, would you please?" She asked and walked away closing the door behind her. She sat on his couch waiting for him. A few minutes later he walked out with clothes on and sat in the chair next to her. "What do we need to talk about?" He asked her.

"I need you to tell your boys at Leopold and Loeb to lay off Archie."

"Absolutely not." He replied instantly.

"And why not?"

"The night you Serpents and your Northside friends took your little dog back made Northsiders fair game."

"I'm not asking you as a Serpent."

"Then how are you asking me?"

"As the closest thing you'll probably get to a friend aside from your Ghoulie minions."

Malachai looked at her and let out a soft laugh. "So we're friends now?"

"Not even close." She replied and stood to her feet. "See you around." She told him and headed for the door.

"Sure will." He replied as it closed behind her.

______

"Wait, so Archie and the rest of the inmates are playing football?" Kevin asked Veronica as he sat next to Braxton at Pop's counter. "Sure are." She replied with a smile. "He thinks it will help boost the morale. Cheryl agreed that the Vixens will pay a visit for support." Braxton couldn't get over how stupid she thought it was. "No offense V, but I can't image there's much morale to be boosted." She confessed.

"That may be, but Archie is excited. And I missed that wide grin on that face of his. So, if it makes him happy, I want to be apart of it."