31

The best thing you can do when someone is upset is give them time and space. Even though it's not what she wanted, that's exactly what Braxton did for Sweet Pea. It was Friday and she still hadn't really seen or spoke to him since Monday and it was really starting to piss her off.

He usually went to the Wrym at the same time every Friday. So before he left his trailer she swung by his place in hopes that they could talk. When she knocked on the door he answered it within seconds. "Hey." He said in a soft tone, almost like he was expecting it to be her. "Can we talk?" She asked as she shoved her hands in the pockets of her jacket.

"I was actually just on my way-"

"Sweet Pea. Please." She pleaded.

"Okay- yeah come on in."

When she walked in his place was pretty messy as usual. But what else do you expect from a seventeen year old who lived alone. She turned around to face him and she could see that he too had something on his mind. "What is going on with us?" She asked as she took a step towards him. "I asked you so many times if something was up with you and Mr. Phillips and each time you told me not to worry about it." He told her, his voice suddenly getting deeper.

"Because there wasn't anything going on?"

"I went and saw him in jail Monday."

"You what?"

"After seeing what he did to you in the alley behind the Wrym, I couldn't help but wonder if something went on. It literally ate at me not knowing the truth. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to get past it if I didn't have the answers that I wanted."

"Why would you do that?"

"For the truth!" He yelled. "Because you weren't giving it to me! He told me about how he became fond of you and how he would keep you after class. He also told me about how he would- he would put his hand on you and you wouldn't reject him?"

"Sweet Pea I-"

"No let me finish. Why didn't you tell me? I could have protected you from him, Braxton! He sexually assualted you!"

"Because I was scared! I didn't know what was going on! I didn't want to take his generosity as something more and be completely wrong. Not only was I scared, I was embarrassed. Embarrassed because I didn't know what I did to get to that point! I didn't know if I lead him on to think I was interested!"

"He fucking invited you over to his house!" Sweet Pea said taking a step closer to her so they were new a few inches apart. Braxton could feel the tears start to well up in her eyes. And there they were, her frustration tears. "How is this any of my fault! Why are you so angry with me?" She shouted as the first tear fell.

"I'm your boyfriend, Braxton

"I'm your boyfriend, Braxton. I'm here to protect you and to always have your back! I can't do that if you keep secrets from me!"

"No one would have believed me and you fucking know it." She snapped and went to head for the door. But as she walked past him he grabbed her back pocket and spun her back around to face him. He wrapped his arms around her as she fell into his chest with sobs.