61

"So what's this I hear that you've become a Vixen?" Braxton said as she walked up to Toni who was standing at her locker. "I'm gone two days and you go to the dark side." "You've heard?" She asked, almost embarrassed by it.

"Cheryl ensures the announcement of a new Vixen doesn't go unheard."

"I've always kinda wanted to be a cheerleader. And the girls at Southside were typically high or drunk so I never bothered. I thought this would be my chance to be apart of a team."

"Well I must say, I'm excited for you." Braxton told her as she pulled her in for a hug.

"So, how are you and SP?" Toni asked as the pulled apart.

"Fine, I suppose. He won the battle but not the war."

"That's what I like to hear."

"Braxton!" The two heard someone call out. When she turned around she saw Veronica waving her over from the student lounge. "I'll catch you later." She told Toni and she walked over to her. "What?" She asked. "I have something to tell everyone." Veronica smiled and pulled her by the hand. When they walked in Braxton saw Archie, Betty, Kevin, and Jughead sitting around waiting for the news. She walked over to the couch and sat next to Kevin.

"Friends," Veronica started out. "I have an exciting announcement to make. I'm running for Student Council President against Reggie ' The Misogynist' Mantle!"

Everyone was silent, all except for Jughead. "You've got to be kidding me." He sighed and Betty drove her elbow into his side.

"If yesterday's dramatic events taught me anything, it's that Veronica Lodge is not a victim. Nor will she ever allow herself to be one."

"Your parents are taking over Riverdale and now you want to take over our school? So what is this? Part of Mommy and Daddy's evil bidding?" Jughead scoffed at her. "Jug, I get that you're in a bad mood-" Archie started to snap but Veronica cut him off.

"Actually, Jughead, my parents think I should avoid the spotlight. But I was born for elected office."

"V, if you want to be President, you've got our vote." Betty told her with a smile.

"Yeah, Team V all the way." Kevin added.

"And Betty? As the Thelma to my Louise, I can't imagine doing this with anyone else. Will you be my running mate?"

"Of course, V. I'd be honored."

"Amaze! B and V! Now, that's a team you can believe in." Veronica said as she hugged Betty. "And Brax, I'll for sure be needing you as my body guard."

Braxton let out a light laugh and smiled at Veronica. However when she looked over towards Jughead, she could tell that he wasn't too excited over the 'exciting announcement'.

As they all exited the student lounge, Betty grabbed Braxton's arm and said, "I need to talk to you." And pulled her into the nearby bathroom with her. "What's up?" She asked once they made sure they were alone.

"Chic isn't my brother."

"Not this again Betty."

"No, I'm serious." She told her as she reached into her book bag and pulled out a folder. She handed it to Braxton who opened it up and started to look over its contents.

"What exactly is this?"

"Chic's DNA test."

"I thought he refused a blood drawing?"

"He did. I snuck into his bathroom and stole some used dental floss."

"Gross." Braxton gasped.