107

What Braxton was put through sent Sweet Pea over the edge. He had been laying off when it came to the Ghoulies and the Gargoyles. It wasn't like when he attended Southside and would give one a beating every other day at the least. He was at a point where he only fought when he felt necessary. And he felt a Ghoulie and Gargoyle beat down was just what he needed for all his anger.

After leaving the Wyrm, he headed for Ghoulie territory looking for Casey, but to no surprise, he was nowhere to be found. Penny, Malachai, Britt, and everyone else vanished. But he wasn't finished.

After three days in the hospital Braxton was cleared and able to go home to the Pembrooke against Rich's wishes. Danny was released the following day and returned back to the house with their dad. Even though things were back to normal, everything was so different.

From the other side of the wall Sweet Pea was constantly being woken up by the screams of Braxton and her nightmares that wouldn't allow her to let go of the memories that she feared would forever haunt her. It got to the point Isabelle allowed for Sweet Pea to sleep with her in hopes that she would sleep better. But it did no good. Braxton wasn't herself. So much about her had changed. Just like Tall Boy had promised, nothing about her was the same.

In the weeks that Braxton stayed home locked in the Pembrooke, the truth about The Farm was exposed, that Evelyn wasn't 17 and she was Edgars wife. But none of that stopped some of her friends from joining. Betty, Archie, Veronica, and Jughead all begged for her help to save Toni, Cheryl, Fangs, Kevin, and Alice along with Polly; but she just didn't care. She couldn't be bothered. Josie left town, one would think she would have been excited. Again it was nothing to her.

Senior year was approaching, and it was approaching fast. Braxton didn't even get to enjoy her summer. As she sat on the balcony of her Pembrooke apartment, there was a knock on the glass and the slider slid open. "Braxton, sweetie." Her mom said to her. "There's been an accident.." "An accident?" Braxton asked not looking her mother's way.

"Yeah.. Archie could use you."

She didn't think twice. Her feet moved before her mind did and before she knew it she was sliding on her shoes by the front door and heading for the elevator. When she pulled up to The Andrew's home, there was a cop car sitting in the driveway. She lightly knocked then opened the front door to see the owner of the cop car in the entry way with his partner. She looked to the living room and saw Archie sitting between Jughead and Mary with everyone else gathered around. FP, Betty, Alice, Veronica, Hermione, Kevin, Tom, and her dad.

"Braxton." Rich said as she scanned the room. He had called Isabelle to let her know the bad news. "Are you okay?" She asked looking at Archie. Archie took in a deep breath as tears filled his eyes. He stood to his feet and walked over to her. He wrapped his arms around her right and started to sob, and he sobbed hard. She hugged him back and looked up to her dad who dropped his head. "He's gone." Archie managed to get out. And without a single word more, she knew he was talking about Fred.

Braxton stayed with Archie as long as she could that night and then every day following. She only left when Mary and Archie had to plan arrangements with the funeral home and to shower and sleep. They were both going through some of the worst trauma ever and needed one another. Something Sweet Pea had a hard time accepting.

As the two were in Archie's living room watching a movie, Braxton was in the middle of a deep nap. Archie felt his phone going off from the arm of the couch and FP's name was on the screen. "Hello." He said answering it. "Archie? They found him." FP told him.

"What? The guy who killed my dad?"

"Yeah. He turned himself in an hour ago."

"Who is he, Mr. Jones?"