35

The time had finally come, it was race day. It was the day where Serpents or Ghoulies would finally be crowned the kings and queens of Southside. All of them gathered around, even some of the Northside kids went to support Archie and Jughead.

The Serpents stood around waiting for the car to arrive. "I thought Braxton said we would have a car." Fangs said leaning over towards Toni. "Don't worry, we will." She replied.

In the faint distance you could hear the sound of an engine as the gas peddle was floored. Everyone looked to the service road where they saw a muscle car as it made its way over and down a hill to them. When it pulled into the lot it drifted and came to a stop. Reggie stepped out laughing as he said, "Told you we would catch some air." "Show off." Sweet Pea mumbled under his breath in annoyance, his jaw about hit the ground when Braxton stepped out of the passangers seat. "I hate you." She laughed as she fixed her hair. Sweet Pea bit his lower lip and looked the other way.

Reggie and Braxton made their way over to their friends while Jughead popped the hood to check the engine.

"Alright! Let's do this!" Tall Boy yelled as he walked towards the track and all of the Ghoulies and Serpents cheered.

"You know, this isn't the kind of drag race I imagined myself going to, but atleast the guys are hot

"You know, this isn't the kind of drag race I imagined myself going to, but atleast the guys are hot." Kevin said leaning in towards Braxton. "Dude." She said laughing at him as she sat on the front bumper of a truck between Reggies legs. Kevin looked over towards the Serpents and saw that Sweet Pea was staring Braxton down, he couldn't take his eyes off of her, all while Braxton didn't even acknowledge his existence.

As Jughead was looking under the hood of Reggies car Betty walked over to him, "Before you get into the car, I just want you to know that I never stopped loving you, Jug. I'm not sure I can." Jughead looked back at her with a slight smile and said, "You're an enigma, Cooper."

"Let's do it!" Tall Boy yelled again and the drivers got into their cars, Everyone cheered louder as the cars got started.

"Get these cars up in a row!"

Malachai and Jughead pulled the cars to the line and got out to discuss the race. "Race over Herk Harvey Bridge to Dead Man's Curve. First one back here wins." Jughead said. "Deal." Malachai replied as the two shook hands. As Malachai was getting back into his car he saw Braxton and shot her a wink. "Who's that?" Kevin asked as he looked towards her. "Why?" Braxton laughed, "Do you think he's hot?" Kevin shrugged his shoulders as he smirked at her.