83

The turn out at La Bonne Nuit we as great and the grand opening was a huge hit. Veroinca had no doubts that soon enough she and Pop were going to be above water on their bills.

Now that one crisis was adverted, Braxton had to make amends with Casey regarding the night prior. She knocked on his door bright and early and after a few minutes he answered looking like he just rolled out of bed. "Morning." She told him as he rubbed sleep from his eyes. "'Morning." He replied, not budging an inch to let her in.

"Can I come in?" She asked. He hesitantly pulled the door open, allowing her by. She walked over to his couch and took a seat. "I came to apologize for what happened last night." She told him, and she could see him roll his eyes even though his back was to her. "Which part? The part where you were blatantly dancing with your ex boyfriend when everyone knew damn well you went with me? Or the fact that you told me to go home instead of him?" He snapped.

"Everything, I guess?"

He looked at her for a brief second before he walked over and sat in the chair next to the couch

He looked at her for a brief second before he walked over and sat in the chair next to the couch. "Why didn't you tell him to leave? Why me?" He asked.

"Because you were the one who was causing the scene and those are his friends too."

"Right okay cool, so since I'm the outsider I don't matter?"

"I didn't say tha-"

"Then what are you saying? Huh? Would you rather me just back off and you do whatever the hell you want with whoever the hell you want?"

"I didn't sa-"

"He's your ex boyfriend, Braxton. So excuse me for not wanting the girl I love dance with someone who was once met the world to her."

Braxton took a deep breath in at Casey's confession. He just told her that he loved her. A month into dating and he pulled the L word. Love? He couldn't possibly love her. Not after a month.

"You- you love me?" She asked, unsure of what to think.

"What?"

"You just said that you love me?"

Casey's eyes grew large once he took a moment and reflected on what he had just told her. His face turned pale and he ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah." He whispered. "I do."

Braxton stood to her feet and started for the door. She wasn't ready to say those words. She reached the door handle and turned to look back at Casey who had his face buried in his hands. She walked back over to him, kissed him on the cheek before she slipped outside to her car.

Casey sat frustrated. Frustrated that he put everything on the line for a girl who was still hung up on her ex. For a girl who didn't love him back.