85

Word got around Riverdale of the scriptures that were handed out amongst the teenagers, but no one knew who did it. G&G became banned across the town, no one was to play.

Some parents continued to hide their secrets from the child such as Rich, Isabelle, and FP. While others knew their children deserved to know.

As Braxton sat at Pop's reading a book after she finished her lunch, Betty walked in and joined her at the booth. "Hey." She said to her as she looked up from her page. "Have you seen Jug? I have something to tell you guys." Betty asked.

"No, I haven't. What's up?"

"My mom came clean about G&G, I know why our parents don't want us playing."

Braxton closed her book and set it on the table in front of her. "I'm listening."

"When our parents were our age, they played G&G. They formed a group and they called themselves the Midnight Club. One night they snuck into the school to play, and things took a turn for the worse. Everyone took JJ except for my mom because she was pregnant with Charles. While everyone was tripping from the drugs she remembered seeing their principal, Principal Featherhead at the school, but he disappeared. Over the course of the next few days he don't show up to work and no one knew where he was. Eventually an odor took over the school and it was undeniably the worst smell anyone had ever experienced. Principal Featherhead was was found dead in a closet with blue lips."

"Oh my god! Did someone from the Midnight Club kill him?"

"No one knows. They chose not to speak of it again and destroyed all evidence of the game, so they thought. Brax, there's no denying that someone poisoned Mr. Featherhead that night. But no one knows why or who."

"So what? We're banned from a game because our parents were careless? That's stupid."

"No, we're banned because this game leads to death. We need to find Jug."

They stood from the booth at Pop's and headed for the door. "Let's check the bunker first, he spends a lot of time there." Betty told her.

They navigated their way through Fox Forrest and quickly made their way down the ladder and into the bunker. When they walked in they noticed all of the lit candles and the tables set up in the middle of the room. Toni, Cheryl, Fangs, Sweet Pea and Jughead all gathered around it playing the game.

"Jug? What are you doing?" Betty asked with wide eyes

"Jug? What are you doing?" Betty asked with wide eyes. "Betty! It's all making sense, all of this is becoming clear." He told her as he stood to his feet.

"What are you talking about?" Braxton questioned with a concerned tone.

"The game, the Gargoyle King, I'm a Level Three, but it's only a matter of time until I ascend. And I get to meet him."

"Guys, can we uhm- can we speak with Jughead for a moment?" Betty asked the others.

They stood from the table and headed for the ladder to give them their privacy. As Sweet Pea walked passed Braxton he brushed his arm against hers and she gave him a soft smile. They hadn't spoke since their hook up the night prior, both unsure of where they stood or what was to come next.