3

It was Monday morning and Braxton's first day at Southside High. She walked down the stairs and saw that her dad's briefcase wasn't by the door which meant he had already left for work. She went to the kitchen to grab something quick for breakfast when she noticed a note on the counter:

Good luck at school today, princess. I know you'll do great! The painters are going to be coming by later today to tackle the lower levels of the house. Please leave your key under the front door mat so they are able to get in. I'll be home around six tonight. I love you.
-Dad

P.S. Make sure you get a paint color picked out for your room if you want it done.

She put the note down and let out a long sigh. She grabbed her things and headed to the garage. She cranked the engine on her Jeep Wrangler and headed to school.

All weekend Braxton tried to get intouch with Jughead, but every time she went to the Jones' trailer, he wasn't there. When she pulled up to the school and put her car in park she finally saw him as he made his way across the parking lot. "Jug!" she shouted as she jumped out for her car and ran up to him. "Braxton! What are you doing here?" he asked as he wrapped her in a hug.

"Dad and I are back now! We have been since Friday."

"What? My dad didn't tell me."

"It's probably because you're never home." Braxton joked as they started for the schools front doors.

"So your mom and Danny, they didn't come?"

"No, Danny is doing his own thing and dad finally gave up on trying to fix their marriage. I'm glad too, I kind of missed Riverdale."

"I can't imagine someone missing Riverdale." Jughead scoffed as they walked through the schools medal detectors. "So what, do you live on Southside or something now?"

"No, we're still in the same house, FP let us use the address for the trailer on my records."

"Do you think your dad would let me use your address for Riverdale?"

As they stood in the middle of the hallway of Southside Braxton grabbed Jughead's arm which caused him to stop. "What?" he asked in an annoyed tone. "What do you have against the Southside?" She questioned.

"What's to like? It's just a bunch of delinquent Serpents and Ghoulies running loose causing havoc."

"Our fathers are Serpents?"

"I stand by what I said, Brax."

Jughead walked away and left her as she stood by herself in the lobby of her new school. Although he would never admit it, in a way he resented Braxton. He was jealous her dad tried to give her a Serpent and Southside free life but she still somehow ended up in the middle of it all. It's always been as if she should have been FP's kid and he should have been Rich's.

She looked down the hall and saw Toni Topaz standing at her locker as she flipped through a notebook. Braxton walked over to her and said, "Care for a friend?" She looked at her with a wide smile and said, "Always!"

"You'd think I would be used to being the new girl at this point. I have no idea where I need to be for first period or where my locker is."

"What's your locker number?"

"232." She told Toni as she looked down at a sheet of paper in her hands. "You're three down from me, I can show you." She heard a deep voice say. When she looked up she saw Sweet Pea standing behind Toni as he looked down at her. She gave him a smirk and crossed her arms across her chest as she said, "Do you think I'll be able to handle it?" with a sarcastic tone.