98

The word of Claudius Blossom being found dead in his jail cell was bouncing all over the the town of Riverdale. Some confused on how a man was killed behind bars unseen. Some found a comfort in the news. However in the world of Serpents, they were more concerned with the fact that Tall Boy was now missing.

"Explain it to me one more time." FP snapped as he looked between Sweet Pea, Fangs, and Jughead. "We drove him to the bus station at gunpoint and got him on a bus out of town." Sweet Pea told him.

"He murdered Joaquin! And you thought putting him on a bus was enough punishment? I don't buy it."

"Look, I made a decision. I'm sorry that you don't agree with that, but he's gone." Jughead hissed back.

"I'm gonna pretend like I believe you idiots for now. I've got my hands full finding Hiram's would be assassin." He sighed as he stood to his feet and grabbed his sheriffs hat. "Next time you see me, have a better story."

Once that hatch was closed, Sweet Pea let out a deep sigh. "What?" Jughead asked. "I heard the Gargoyle Gang is riled up." Fangs told him. "They're looking for Tall Boy." Sweet Pea's added.

"And as long as his body's down here, it's a ticking time bomb!"

"Relax, no it's not." Sweet Pea's assured Fangs.

"SP is right. And it's too hot to move him right now. Let's not lose our heads, okay? Fangs, I need you to stay here with Tall Boy, and I need you to lock this place up. I'm serious." He turned to face Sweet Pea. "I need you need to tail someone for me."

"Who?"

"Hermione Lodge."

"What? Why?"

"Veronica is under the impression she shot, if not hired someone, to shoot her dad."

"But Brax-"

"I'll keep her with me. Make sure she's safe." Jughead assured him. He let out a deep sigh a reluctantly agreed.

As Jughead sat typing away at his typewriter, Braxton laid on the couch at his trailer bored out of her mind. "Let's go to Pop's, I'm hungry." She told him. "No." He replied, not taking his eyes from his work.

"Okay. And why not?"

"Because."

"Look, just because my dad, Danny, and Sweet Pea think I need to constantly be cooped up doesn't mean I need to constantly be cooped up."

"That's exactly what it means?"

"Jug, it's summer. And it's a beautiful night! Can't we just- catch a movie at the drive-in, go for a walk, I means something?"

"No, Braxton. We need to stay here until Sweet Pea gets back."

"Let me guess, he gets second shift on babysitting me? Look, I know you think I'm the Gargoyle's next target-"

"How do you know that?" He quickly questioned.

"I'm not an idiot? That and my dad's whisper is the average persons tone of voice."

Jughead ignored what she had to say and turned back towards the typewriter.

"What are you even writing about?" She asked him.