48

The news got around Riverdale that Fangs was arrested, and it was assumed that it was for the murder of Midge. The Serpents gathered at the police station waiting for Fangs to be released since they couldn't pin Midge's murder on him. Jughead sat in the corner on his laptop while Sweet Pea paced the floor and Braxton sat hand in hand with Toni. She felt her phone go off in her jacket pocket and when she looked at the screen she saw a text from Archie.

Archie: Meet me at Pop's in 10. I need to talk to you.

She let out a soft groan and stood to her feet. "Where are you going?" Sweet Pea asked walking up to her. "I'll be right back." She said.

"Braxton it's not safe out there."

"I'll be fine. Just give me thirty minutes. If I'm not back call my dad."

When she walked into Pops it was completely empty aside from Archie sitting in a booth. "Hey." She said walking up to him as he quickly turned around to face her and said. "Brax, you have to warn them not to let Fangs out of the front door."

"What are you talking about?"

"Reggie is on the lose. Hirem hired him to take care of Fang's."

"What do you mean? Like he hired him to kill Fangs?"

"I think so. So you have to make sure he leaves the police station in secrecy."

"That's going to be next to impossible. The entire place is surrounded by protesters. Can we stop Reggie?"

"Maybe? He called me letting me know what's going down. He's on his way now."

"Shit. Let's go." Braxton quickly said with wide eyes.

They both ran and jumped into Braxton's Jeep taking off for the jail. When they got there it was like the crowd had doubled.  "Let's split up. You try to find Reggie and I'll stall trying to keep Fangs inside as long as possible." She told him.

"Be careful!" He yelled towards Braxton. "You too!" She shouted back.

A police officer escorted Fangs out to the station lobby and said, "He's free to go. Have a good night." "What are we supposed to do?" Jughead asked walking up to him.

"Get the hell out of my police station."

"We can't take him out the front, there's a crowd of people out there. We have to take the side entrance or something."

"Crowd's out there, too. So pick your poison, Serpent."

The police officer turned to walk away and Fangs quickly said, "What do we do, man? I don't wanna die."

"Fangs, you're not going to." Sweet Pea snapped.

"Look at me, okay?" Jughead ordered. "We stand together so none of us falls. In unity, there is strength."