10

In literature the following day, Braxton took her seat at her usual spot next to Sweet Pea who was sitting on the table top. She didn't even bother to look his way as she figured that would be day six of him not speaking to her.

"So what? You and Fangs hanging out now?" She heard a graveled deep voice ask from next to her.

"So he speaks." She replied still not looking at him.

"Funny, Jones."

"What the fuck is up with you?" She snapped as she looked up at him.

"Good morning class." Mr. Phillips said as he walked into the room.

"Don't worry about me. Just focus your attention on Fangs."

"Maybe I will? Atleast Fangs didn't kiss me then completly blow me off."

Sweet Pea looked down at Braxton with a clenched jaw. She could tell that he was pissed, she could see it in his eyes, but she wasn't sure exactly what it was that he was pissed about. What she said was the truth and she had no remorse.

"Fuck it

"Fuck it." He said and then stood up and stormed out of the classroom.

Braxton watched him walk away then turned and saw Jughead press his lips together. Braxton rolled her eyes towards him then stood up to follow Sweet Pea.

"Miss. Jones?" Mr. Phillips said but she didn't stop.

When she turned down the hallway Sweet Pea was already way ahead of her. "Sweet Pea." She called to him to try to get him to stop. "Leave me alone." He told her over his shoulder, but she didn't listen.

"I don't think so. What the hell is going on?"

He stopped in his tracks, turned around and waited for her to catch up. He looked to his left and saw an empty classroom, "Come with me." He told her as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her with him. He shut the door behind them, locked it, and pulled the window shade down.

"You want to know why I've been blowing you off? Fine." He said to her quickly. "I didn't mean to kiss you." "How do you not mean to kiss someone?" She questioned.

"I don't know, but I never should have done it. It was a mistake."

Sweet Pea looked down at Braxton and he watched as his words crushed her.

'Don't get involved with Braxton. I've seen the way you look at her boy, and her old man won't have it.' The words of FP played over and over again in his head. With FP's warning he had no other choice but to obey. Braxton was off limits, and she couldn't know FP told him to stay away.

"A mistake? Wow, thanks."

"I don't mean that."

"Okay, you know what Sweet Pea, you're not making any sense. If you don't want to be with me that's fine. I'm a big girl. But I won't sit here while you contradict everything you say or do." She told him angry as she started to head for the door. "No. Braxton, listen." He told her as he grabbed her arm, he wanted to explain, so badly did he want to explain or say anything to soften the blow.