41

It was the most wonderful time of the year, to most people that is anyway, Christmas. Everywhere you looked there were Christmas lights, Christmas trees, and everyone was running a muck trying to find that perfect gift.

Braxton sat in her Jeep after the bell rang letting students know their half day before winter break was over and it was time to go home. Archie opened the passenger door and slid in letting out a loud sigh and rubbed his face into his hands. "What's up, Arch?" She asked as she looked over at him. "Veronica gave me a Christmas gift." He told her holding it out to her.

"A watch?"

"Read the inscription."

She picked the watch up out of the box and flipped the face over. "Mad about my Archiekins. XO, V." She read out loud. "Well, on the bright side you know she can't regift it to a new boyfriends. That would just be a little awkward."

"Brax, don't even joke like that."

"Look I'm sorry, okay. Just, put it in a drawer until you guys make up. You know you will."

"I don't know, it's pretty clear she doesn't love me. What if she doesn't want to even be with me?"

"Archie, I think you're over reacting. Look at her family. I can't imagine Hiram showers Hermione with love and affection. I'm pretty sure their answer to everything is money and or gifts."

"Worst Christmas ever."

"Hey!" Braxton said as she lightly smacked her hand against his chest. "It is not! Christmas is two days away, there's still time to turn it around. What do you say we trade gifts? I can give you something far better than a watch. Do you even wear watches?"

"I mean, I can start?"

"Shut up. You have one day- one day Andrews. We'll trade gifts on Christmas Eve. Deal?"

Archie looked at Braxton as he laughed and said "Deal."

Jughead walked into the Wrym with Braxton following behind him. "What is all this?" He asked as he looked around at the toys that were stacked and being wrapped. "It's a Serpent tradition. Every year, we give back to the Southside. Toys for Tots. Meals on Wheels, kids and old folks living alone." Toni told him as they walked up to them. "The Hells Angels do it." Fangs said as Braxton hugged his neck. "I'm always down for charitable work." She added as she grabbed a roll of tape

"Hey, have you seen my dad?" Jughead asked looking around. "Why aren't you guys in school?" FP snapped as he walked in through the front door.

"It's a half day before break." Braxton told him.

"Well, in that case you can hold down the fort here, Jug."

"Why, where are you going?" Jughead asked

"On a run."

"Or I could come with you guys?" He said.

"Nice try. The answer's no."

"We do need another set of hands, boss." Tall Boy reminded FP.

"There you go. Let me pull my weight. Dad I don't know what the Snake Charmer has you doing-"

"Sweet Pea, you're with us." FP said cutting him off.

" FP said cutting him off