13

The smell of bacon and the sound of Metallica filled the air. Braxton slowly made her way down the stairs and to the kitchen seeing as it was only seven thirty in the morning on a Saturday so she had no interest in being up so early.

"Good morning!" Rich said with a large smile on his face as he squeezed fresh orange juice

"Good morning!" Rich said with a large smile on his face as he squeezed fresh orange juice. "What the hell are you wearing?" She asked as she took a seat at one of the bar stools. "And why do you look happy to be awake."

"Because I am, and it's going to be a busy day."

"I thought you had this weekend off?"

"I do. But I have to help FP."

"Is this some sort of Serpent thing?"

"Yes, and not a word. I am afterall still family and can help. I'm just not getting fully involved. No Serpent stands alone." He told her as she eyed him down.

"In unity there is strength, I get it." She mocked. "You know. You claim you don't care for the Southside Serpent life style, yet you dress just like them and still live by the laws. What's the real reason you try to keep me away?"

"What makes you think there's a real reason?"

"Dad?"

"Brax?" He said as he rounded the island then kissed her on the head and headed up stairs.

She grabbed a piece of bacon off the plate and checked the messages on her phone.

Sweet Pea: If you need anything, let me know. Alright?

Braxton assumed the text was from the night before after he had left and she was sleep.

Braxton: I will, thank you☺️

She texted back and he immediately repsonded. She looked at the time stamp on his first text and saw that he sent it at six fifty five am. She didn't understand why he was up that early but decided to ignore it and head back up to get a few more hours of sleep.

As she walked towards the staircase to head up stairs she saw her dad round the corner with his Serpent jacket. "Wow, I feel like I haven't seen the Serpent jacket in ages." She said as she watched him. "Yeah, it's a little bit more worn than my usual jacket." He replied.

"I like it."

"Don't get use to it. What are your plans for the day?"

"Nothing? It's Saturday."

"Do you have homework?" Her dad asked as he gave her the side eye.

"Maybe?"

"Get it done. I want to see it when I get home tonight, kapeesh?"

"Why can't you be the typical Serpent dad who doesn't care?" Braxton groaned as she rolled her eyes.

"Because I don't drown myself in alcohol. By the way I need to take your Jeep, you can take the truck today if needed."