21

Everyone was getting settled after Jugheads final test. Some Serpents were looking at his battle scars, while others were playing pool and taking shots. Sweet Pea was sitting at the bar milking a whiskey. Braxton walked over to him, she could tell that something was bothering him. He smiled a weak smile and asked, "Do you want to get out of here?" "Sure." She responded as he grabbed her hand and they left the bar.

"Where are we going?" She asked as she climbed into the back of his motorcycle.

"Are you hungry?"

"Always."

"Pop's it is then." He told her before he sped away from the Wrym.

The bells chimed as the door opened alerting the staff they walked in and they slid into the booths facing each other. Braxton looked down at Sweet Pea's fist and ran her thumb over the redden knuckles. "Happy you finally got to take your shot?" Braxton asked. "Unbelievably." He replied with a smile.

"Why do you hate him so much anyway?"

"I don't know, I just don't like him."

"Pea?"

He let out a sigh and looked at Braxton, "Before Jones came along I was on the fast track to being next in line for Serpent King. Everyone looked to me and then he came and suddenly just because he's FPs son he deserved it more. He didn't even want any part of us until his Northside friends were in trouble and he needed our help getting FP out of jail."

"What?"

Sweet Pea looked up at Braxton with wide eyes. "Wait-what?"

"FP was in jail?" She snapped.

"Shit, you weren't supposed to know."

"I wasn't supposed to know? Are you kidding me right now?" She told him as she stood up. "I have to go."

"Why?" Sweet Pea asked as he followed her outside.

"I need to talk to my dad. Does he know?"

"Brax, don't worry about it right now."

"My uncle was incarcerated for God knows what reason and you're just going to tell me not worry about it? I mean, this entire time as to why we came back is a lie for all I know!"

"Atleast let me take you home."

"I'm not going home."

"Where are you going?" He called out to her but she started to run. "Brax!" He said one last time before she disappeared into the night.

Braxton walked back to the Wrym and scanned the bar for Rich. "Where are my dad and FP?" She asked Toni who was behind the bar. "Check the office." She replied. Braxton bursted into FPs office where she saw her dad and FP sitting at the desk as they talked and Jughead laid on the couch.

"Braxton?" FP said as he stood up, but she ignored him and looked at her dad and snapped, "Why the hell did we come back to Riverdale? And I want the truth." "I thought it would be better than staying where we were." He replied calmly. "Things with your mother weren't-"

"Cut the bull shit, dad. Did we come back because FP was in trouble?"

"Braxton-"

"Was he in jail?"

"Yes, I was." FP told her.

"Why the hell wouldn't you tell me that's why we moved back? Did it really even have anything to do with mom?"

"Because it wasn't something you needed to know."

"Someone I love was locked up and I didn't need to know? What the hell did you even do?" She asked turning her attention to FP.