68

When Betty walked into her house after school, she saw Chic sitting at the kitchen island as Alice set a sandwich in front of him. "Mom? What's he doing here?" She asked with wide eyes. "I invited him." Alice told her.

"What? Why? Why would you do that?"

"Because, Elizabeth. I put him out before. I just couldn't bring myself to follow through with it again."

"You can't be serious?"

"I am. And that's my final say, alright? Chic is your brother. It's time you start acting like it."

Chic and Betty held each other's eyes and Alice turned to start the dishes. As the two stared each other down, Chic had an evil half grin on his face which burned a hole in Betty. Victory was his.

Betty barged into the Jones trailer where Jughead was sitting on his couch working on Fred Andrews speech for his campaign. He looked up at his girlfriend and said, "What happened." "He's at my house." She snapped.

"Who?"

"Chic?"

Jughead immediately stood up and said, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It's just when I got home he was sitting in the kitchen with my mom. My mom won't let him go."

"What about your dad?"

"He's still staying at a sharebnb."

"Ask him to come home. Maybe if he comes home Chic will leave on his own?"

Betty looked at her boyfriend with hopeful eyes. "You think that would work?"

"Maybe." Jughead shrugged. "Seems like one of the last chances you've got."

The door bell rang and when Isabelle answered the door she saw Archie Andrews standing on the other side. "Archie." She said, almost surprised. "Hi, Ms. Jones. I was wondering if Braxton was home?" He replied.

"She most certainly is. Braxton sweetie, the door is for you."

When Braxton made it to the bottom of the stairs she saw a bruised and beaten Archie standing in the doorway for her. "Arch, what the hell happened?" She asked, taken back by someone's handy work. He didn't say anything. He grabbed her hand and pulled her out onto the front porch and shut the door.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you were working on making amends with your mom. I completely put my foot in my mouth and I understand no matter what I say, I can't take what I said back." Archie told her.

"So, this is an apology?"

"It is. I know that you and I haven't been on the greatest of terms and I've been preoccupied. But that doesn't excuse the terrible friend that I've been to you, Jughead, and Betty. I'm sorry. I just hope that you can forgive me."

Braxton looked up at Archie and a slight smile came over her face. "Of course." She replied as she wrapped her arms around him in a hug. As the two hugged it out, down the street sped two cop cars. They looked at each other with concerned looks on their face and their phones started to go off at the same time. When they looked at the alert that was coming through, it was a crime warning letting the town of Riverdale know that there was another attack, shockingly enough by the Black Hood.

Faithfully जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें