86

Braxton laid low from her parents the next few days. Rich was adamant that she never be with Sweet Pea again and Isabelle adored Casey. Braxton still dodged every phone call and text message that he sent her way. She stayed away from Pop's in case he was there. When she needed into the Le Bonne Nuit she would sneak in the back for precaution. To Casey it was like she fell off the face of the earth.

"Mom," Braxton called as she made her way down the stairs. "Have you seen my car keys?" "Yeah, sweetie. They were on the stairs for some reason so I put them here on the island." Isabelle called back. "They must have fallen out of my pock-" Braxton started to say as she walked into the kitchen. She cut herself short when she saw her mom sitting with Casey. "Casey!" Braxton said surprised. "What are you- uhm- what are you doing here?"

"I haven't really spoken to you the past few days, I just wanted to make sure that you were okay." He replied.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just about to head out."

"Oh, okay. How's Sweet Pea?"

Isabelle shot Braxton a confused look at his bold question. Braxton looked back at her mom, but remained calm. No one was a better liar than Braxton. "I heard he's doing a lot better. He had a cut above his eye, probably could have used stitches but he toughed it out like usual and put a butterfly bandage on it."

"Well what happened?" Isabelle asked.

"I guess some low life scum Ghoulie attacked him. Thought he could take him on but Sweet Pea handled his ass."

Casey held Braxtons gaze, she could see the furry in his eyes.

"Oh my, I'm glad he's okay."

"Me too." Casey muttered. "I should get going though." He looked at Braxton and let out a chuckle as she offered him a smile that warned him not to cross her again.

She watched as he hugged her mother goodbye and headed for the front door

She watched as he hugged her mother goodbye and headed for the front door. As soon as the door clicked shut she looked to Isabelle and said, "We broke up. If you let him in my house again, I will call the Serpents." "I didn't know. He never mentioned it." She replied.

"I figured as much. I'm just letting you know."

She grabbed her keys off the counter and headed for the door herself. When she walked outside Casey was leaned up against her Jeep. "What the hell do you want?" She asked him.

"Why him? Why Sweet Pea?" He replied.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about. We're just friends."

"I'm not an idiot, Braxton. I knew I never stood a chance, especially not with him constantly lurking around. If you want to run back into his arms, fine by me. But I won't be here when he breaks your heart yet again."