34

You never truly know how bad a broken heart can be until you've experienced it yourself. It had been two days and Braxton still couldn't come to terms with the fact that Sweet Pea ended their relationship due to her being friends with Archie and a picture that Britt Boyer, of all people, sent to him.

Although she didn't shut everyone out she definitely kept to herself. She ignored the texts that Toni, Jug, and Fangs sent her wondering what happened and if she was okay. She avoided most conversation topics with her friends at Riverdale because she genuinely wasn't interested. All she wanted to do was work things out with Sweet Pea but she was too stuborn and mad to call him first. She knew it would only end up in a fight.

The school day was almost over on Friday as Braxton walked the halls of Riverdale. "Hey yo Jones!" She heard someone shout towards her. She turned around and saw Reggie Mantel making his way towards her down the hall. "Hey." She said putting a fake smile on her face. "You going to be at the race tomorrow?" He asked her.

"Yeah, I'll go for Jug and Archie."

"Cool, just wanted to make sure there were going to be more than Ghoulies and Serpents."

"You're going?"

"Are you kidding me? That car is my baby. Of course I'm going! I can give you a ride if you want me to pick you up?"

"Thanks for the offer Reg, but I think I'll just drive myself."

"Suit yourself. So, are Archie and Veronica like, done?"

"I'm not sure. I know they are fighting. Why? Are you trying to swoop in and-"

"Never, Archie is my boy! Just asking is all." The final bell rang and the students started to filter into the halls. "I'll catch you tomorrow, Jones?"

"Tomorrow." She replied and headed for the doors. When she went to push them opened she turned back around and called out to Reggie, "Actually Mantle, I'll take you up on that offer."

"I'll pick you up at noon then." He smiled

When she got outside even though it was a cool day, the sun was warm on her skin

When she got outside even though it was a cool day, the sun was warm on her skin. She held her face to the sun as she took in a deep breath of air when she felt someone run into her side. "Oh shit, my bad." They said backing up. Braxton looked over and saw it was Casey. "Hey, Casey." She said to him then continued forward. "Hey Braxton." He called to her. "Sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend." Braxton stopped dead in her tracks, she was curious as to how he knew about her recent break up as she hadn't told anyone. Not Toni, not Fangs, not Kevin. But somehow he knew.

______

The Wrym was packed as usual on a Friday night. Leather jackets lined the bar while quaters lined the pool tables. The air was thick with smoke of all kinds, and FP was sitting at the bar. Braxton realized what Sweet Pea said was true. She hadn't been there in awhile and she hadn't seen Fangs and Toni for a minute.