17

After a long day at the Wrym with her friends Braxton headed home so she could finish her homework, get a shower, and rewind for school the next morning. She stepped out of the shower, removed her hair tie letting her blonde curls fall back in place. She dried herself off then threw on night shorts and a thin over sized t-shirt and crawled in bed. She laid there for two hours not being able to fall asleep, she had so much running through her mind.

She looked at the clock 12:04 am it read, she was officially seventeen for an entire day. 364 days to go until she could finally join the Serpents. She let out a loud sigh and flipped over on her other side to get comfortable. She looked towards the window and when she did it opened as her favorite Serpent made his was into her bedroom. "What the hell are you doing here?" She whispered to Sweet Pea as she sat up. "I wanted to see you." He replied with a big smile across his face.

"It's the middle of the night?"

"Maybe. What the hell are you wearing?" He asked her as he noticed her thin top and shorts. "It's like, fifty degrees outside."

"I have a warm bed."

"In that case." Sweet Pea slid his jacket off over his shoulders and his boots off his feet and climbed in bed with Braxton and pulled her down to lay with him. "I see you haven't painted your walls yet." "Sweet Pea we can't do this. What if my dad comes home." She whispered to him in a panic.

"He's not going to come home. It's fine."

"And if he does we're both dead."

He let out a small sigh and then looked at her door. He got out of the bed, walked over to it, and turned the lock. "Problem solved. Now if he does he can't get in." He told her with a smile.

He walked back over to the bed and climbed back on and sat in front of her. "I have something for you." He said as he reached into his pocket. "Pea, I told you that I didn't want a birthday gift." Braxton protested.

"That you did, but you see it's twelve ten. Ten minutes after your birthday so technically it doesn't count as a birthday gift, right?"

She smiled up at him as he held out a small box with a little bow on top. She took it from his hand and popped the top back. In the jewelry box was a Serpent necklace.

"I love it!" She told him as she grabbed his face and pressed her lips on his

"I love it!" She told him as she grabbed his face and pressed her lips on his. "Let me put it on you." He told her as he grabbed the box to take it out. Braxton turned herself around so her back was to him and she pulled her hair to one side. Sweet Pea put the necklace around her neck and closed the clasp. He leaned forward kissing her bare neck and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Happy not so Birthday." He joked which caused Braxton to laugh.

She turned to face him again and pulled him in by his dog tags. She kissed him and laid back as she still pull him towards her. She was now on her back as he lowered himself to kiss her lips and then he pulled away. He looked down at her and admired her natural features. Her skin that was clear of all makeup, her eyes that we're almost grey in the dimmed lighting, and her lips were smooth against his.