36

One thing that's wrong with society is most think that a guy and a girl can't be just friends. They often assume that behind closed doors that there's something more than just a friendship. That may be the case for some, but it's definitely not the case for all.

"So have you decided on if you're going to the Lodge next weekend?" Braxton asked as they stood in back of the concessions line. "I think so." Archie looked at her. Although his words say yes his face told a different story.

"You don't look so sure about that."

"Ronnie and I talked after school. Mr. Lodge has his doubts about me-"

"You mean he doesn't want his teenage daughter with someone who practically ran a cult?" Braxton asked as she tried not to let out a laugh. Archie looked at her and the corners of his mouth went up into a smile and he said, "Fair enough. Why don't you come with us?"

"Fifth wheeling isn't exactly my thing."

"What if we invite Reg-"

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll just see what Toni is up to."

"Braxton?" They heard someone say from behind them. When they looked back to where the voice came Braxton saw Sweet Pea standing there. It had been the first time they saw each other since the race. Braxton turned to Archie and said, "I'll grab the popcorn if you want to get get the sound hooked up to the Jeep." He looked at Sweet Pea then back to her and said, "Yeah, sounds good. Make sure you get-"

"Extra butter, I got you." She smiled.

The two watched Archie as he walked away and they awkwardly stood there. "So you and Ar-" Sweet Pea started to say. "No." Braxton snapped cutting him off. "We're just friends going to a movie."

Sweet Pea shoved his hands in his pockets and looked down at the ground. "So how are you?"

"I'm fine thanks. Yourself?"

"I'm okay." He was silent. He was looking for anything and everything to talk to her about. "FP kicked Britt out of the Serpents."

"Yeah, Toni told me after the race."

"Oh. So you still talk to her?"

"Yeah, Fangs too. We stayed pretty close. I don't see them as much as I'd like but I still love them."

"Do you though?" He asked sounding hopeful. It was apparent that weeks after the breakup, Sweet Pea still wasn't over Braxton. Braxton wasn't over him. She wasn't even sure they were still talking about Toni and Fangs at that point. "I do." She half smiled at him.

Braxton got to the counter and bought a large bowl of popcorn and turned back to Sweet Pea

Braxton got to the counter and bought a large bowl of popcorn and turned back to Sweet Pea. "I gotta get going." She said. "It was good seeing you." He told her. "You too." She replied and headed for the aisles of cars.

______

Jughead sat outside on Southsides front steps with Toni when they heard shouting and cheering and the the doors busted open. Sweet Pea and Fangs walked out like a pack of wild animals with other Serpents. "What's going on?" Jughead questioned. "This hellhole is officially closed! We're done! No more Southside High!" Sweet Pea shouted in his deep voice. "What? How?" Toni asked.