It's the battle of the dark side versus the light side. Will the seriousness of Gladion prevail over Hau's optimistic view on everything in life. In just a few moments we will find out...

"Field change," Brock states. "They could've just used the last battlefield and say it was a crater field."

"Draco meteor isn't kind to the environment," I chuckle.

"True," Mallow giggles. "Looks like this one is going to make things interesting though."

I look down at the completely swamped battlefield. "A swamp?!" I question. "There goes any chance of a non flight-able Pokémon being useful."

"There's definitely a disadvantage if one of them don't or aren't going to use flying Pokémon," Brock states. "But like earlier, you never know."

I look down to see Gladion releasing his Pokémon first. Three pokemon appear with their legs already sinking into the vegetation filled muddy water. They look a little uneasy but after a few slow steps they get used to the weird feeling. "Now that's interesting for sure," I grab my notepad. "Gladion isn't using any flying Pokémon."

"It makes no sense why he would put himself at that big of a disadvantage," Mallow states. "Arrogant."

"I don't think so," I state. "I've never got that arrogant vibe from him before. The stuck up and independent vibes are there but not arrogance."

"Let me explain," Brock says. "From what I've heard about these two they have obviously very contrasting ways of living their lives. And that directly relates to how they battle and train. Gladion thinks the road to the shiny gold trophy presented after the finals is earned through hard work, constant training, and full dedication and seriousness. There's nothing wrong with that of course but he dismisses Hau because Hau is way more laid back."

"Hau likes to enjoy the journey and making sure that him and his Pokémon are having fun every step of the way," I continue for him. "And Gladion thinks that he can't possibly be a tough opponent since his training style doesn't level up with his own."

"So he's treating this battle as a warmup for the next two which should be a lot tougher?" Mallow asks.

"Yep and it's not exactly a bad idea either," I nod. "Just a little disrespectful."

I look at Hau who is smiling and jumping around the trainer's box. "Not that it matters to Hau."

"Gladion also might be looking for a challenge," Brock states. "And since all of Hau's Pokémon can hover or fly, he'll get a challenge for sure."

During our talking the battle started. Hau's Alolan Raichu, Decidueye, And Toucannon fly around waiting for an order. I know that they're both trying to figure out how they're going to start this battle on the right foot. But a good strategy to use is as clear as mud.

"Hmm," Brock thinks out loud. "The aura spheres Lucario are throwing look about a quarter of the size of a normal one."

"They're also missing their target somehow," I point out. "Is there a way to manipulate aura spheres that they're weak enough to miss?"

"Apparently," Mallow says.

Gladion's POV

"Keep deflecting attacks!" I command my Pokémon.

All types of fighting, dark, ice, and rock type attacks are being thrown from my Pokémon. Hau's attack aren't strong enough to power through our quick defence style. I'm probably making myself look like I'm scared of attacking back but sometimes it's best to wait.

I watch closely while the fighting continues. That Raichu sure is fast though, I can tell she's definitely his ace and that means I need to take care of her first. Raichu also doesn't need much energy to stay afloat so the faster I knock her down into this Arceus awful battlefield the better.

"Lucario make your next aura sphere on Raichu count," I command. "You guys cover and distract until it's time."

I've trained my Pokémon to work in a unit like this. It'll be important in more than just battles at some point but right now it's paying off well for battles. My Pokémon can handle taking care of two Pokémon at the same time which will allow Lucario all the time he needs to get one big hit in.

Lucario nods and Weavile shoots a dark pulse straight down into the swamp to distract Raichu for a split second. The dark spiral splashing up water was all it took for Lucario to fire the aura sphere directly into Raichu's chest. I smirk, "Lycanroc make it rain."

__________________________

This chapter should not have taken this long but life and random chapter deletes kind of affect that.

I'm not promising anything anymore because life always has other ideas, buuuuut this weekend could be special.

Now more my two shout outs since this book officially has 100 parts!!!

1. DestroyerKnightAsh who is in fact still on wattpad. He was part of this book since literally day one. I feel like there's a lot of good books out there that get a few chapters in but don't get that one person to push them past an imaginary bump. He was that person so thank you.

2. Staying on the "first" topic, iToxicEcho basically rules it. Now one of my closest friends on here along with the rest of team insane, he never forgets to comment and vote. Thanks fellow catto lover. Also if you beat him to commenting on a book, you better feel special.

So thank you all for reading and the end is near so buckle your seatbelts.

Fun fact: I actually started writing a different (never published or spoken of) book before this one.