The Last One

Ash's POV

"Bright and early once again," I sigh as the three of us walk out of the Pokémon Center.

"Yep," Lillie giggles. "Except for the bright part."

I looked up into the star filled sky and the cool breeze gently carried the odd cloud across the sky. "At least Mina got a chef to prepare us breakfast," Bonnie says.

The wooden dock creaked under our steps as we continued towards Mina's houseboat. "Hello?" I knocked on the door. The white boat gently swayed in the waves as we waited to be let in.

"Come on in," The Kahuna greets. "He is just putting the finishing touches on our breakfast."

We take a seat around the table that five chairs could comfortably fit around. "Almost ready," A voice came from the kitchen that was separated by a wall with a closed window. The flaps of the window opened and steaming food appeared. But for once the food didn't matter. The face behind did.

"Hey Ash," Cilan waves. He has his regular waiter outfit that was accompanied by his trademark green hair.

"Cilan," I mutter. "I haven't seen you since-"

"I made the biggest mistake of my life," Cilan finishes. He was smiling but it wasn't one filled with joy.

"Why? How?" My mind is racing.

"It's kind of ironic Ash," Cilan sighs. "I made my dream reality yet told you to give up on yours."

"So you're an S class connoisseur?" I ask. "That's awesome."

"What?" Cilan asks confused. "You're happy for me?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I smile.

"I'm beyond confused," Lillie says.

"Oh right," I chuckle. "Didn't you come here to say sorry?"

"I thought that was obvious," Cilan laughs. "Betraying you was like trying to make something sweet turn bitter. And it blew up."

"Still don't understand your words," I laugh with my Unova travelling partner. "But I've come to learn one thing."

"I know it," Bonnie chirps. "That Lillie finally broke through your ridiculously thick skull."

"No... Well yeah I guess," I say nervously. "Two things then. I've learned the difference between real and fake friends. Real friends might make a few errors but they realize it and try to make things right. It's not necessarily about doing things for me, it's more about making an effort to correct what went wrong."

"Ash that means a lot," Cilan smiles. "But from what I know, it seems like not many of us regretted it."

"I made some pretty good friends here so I'm not that worried," I laugh and wrap my arm around Lillie.

"You two look like you mix as well as tortilla chips and salsa," The green haired chef points out.

"I don't know what you mean but I agree," Bonnie giggles. "I think."

"Are you guys going to eat?" Mina laughs. "Because this is really good."

We spent our early morning breakfast mainly telling Cilan about our Alolan adventure. He also gave a background of himself for Lillie.

"Okay time for your trial," Mina smirks and wipes her mouth with her napkin. "Or should I say both of yours..."

Serena's POV

"Clemont when are we going on our trip to Alola?" I whine. He's been delaying it constantly because he's too afraid to face his father.

"Can't you wait until I'm done this gym battle," The lemon haired boy says while yelling commands to Luxray. I don't know why but it seems like our Pokémon are always tired now. It's like they're not trying their hardest. "Sorry Alex for her."