Leading Up

Bonnie's POV

"I can't believe we fit everything in today," I say as we relax in the Pokémon Center cafeteria.

"It was hard to keep going without breaks," Hannah admits. "I had a lot of fun though."

"And all of us got to the appeal round thankfully," Olivia adds.

"Only four people move on," Emily sighs. "Not sure I'm liking the chances of all of us moving on."

"Just gotta give it your all," Ash comments in between bites.

"And if you all get perfect, you guys will all move on," Ajat chuckles.

"Problem solved," Kyred adds.

"Then we have to worry about battling," Olivia frowns. "I still can't battle to a winning level."

"We could practice tonight," Cilan suggests. "You have two gym leaders, two ex-battlers made researchers and three league trainers with their respective accomplishments."

"And another league trainer and battle frontier brain coming later tonight," Lillie adds.

"And the best way to learn, is to watch," Ash smirks.

"Of course," I sigh before he finishes.

"I'll even volunteer myself to battle someone," Ash smiles.

"You're on!"

Kukui's POV

"Thanks weather person," I sigh through the phone. "Talk to you again soon."

"Ughhh," I groan.

"Kukui all four of them moved on!" My wife cheers while walking into our hotel room. "Oh, there's still two rounds to watch so don't get so down."

"It's not that," I sigh. "Even though I did want to watch them go through the first round. The business call didn't exactly give news I wanted to hear."

"The storm right?" Burnet sighs.

"You know?" I question.

"I've been doing a lot of field research," She sighs and sits against me. "You knew that obviously but I'm been keeping a close eye on their behaviours. Most Pokémon seemed uneasy, almost like they can sense the danger coming."

"Researchers have always said Pokémon are in tune with nature," I recount. "Which means they're disturbed, as is nature itself."

"Just what is going to hit us?" She says softly.

"Don't know but it must be pretty serious," I state. "The Alola Weather station called to suggest moving the league up a few days."

"Lillie is not going to be happy," Burnet giggles. "She really wanted time to relax, with Ash of course."

"And I have a feeling relaxation won't come after the league ends," I sigh. "Whether or not Ash wins."

"You're saying the storm could potentially overlap with the league?" She raises an eyebrow.

"The storm is predicted to hit after but everything else about it has been unpredictable," I explain. "So there will be three days between the closing ceremony of the Flower Ceremony and the league's starting Ceremony."

"Basically the extra few days will be a cushion," Burnet says and I nod. "We're going to have to send Lillie and Ash on a trip somewhere. Because I have a feeling that this storm may be a small part of a bigger thing."

"What?" I ask.

"Sorry," She chuckles. "That kind of just came to me."

"Best thing to do is relax," I lay across the couch with my wife in my arms.