"Try to deflect it with steel wing!" Sydney cries out. The defence tactic was pretty useless since Greninja could move quickly enough to attack then move then attack again. The streams of water were coming from all directions and they were quickly defeating Charizard.

Kyred's POV

"Uh oh," I sigh.

"Your sister will come back," Olivia assured.

"That's not what I Uh-oh'd about," I sigh. "Look at my sister's face."

"She's smiling," Olivia giggled. "She must really love to battle."

"That's not it," I continue to sigh. "That's her evil smile."

"Your sister is not evil," Olivia laughs while I stare at my brunette sister.

"You wouldn't know," I say. "She has something up her sleeve."

Ash's POV

The water type attacks stopped getting shot and both parties took the time to catch their breathe. "Can you still fly up?" Sydney ash's of her Pokémon. Charizard grunted but slowly got above the grass. "Okay then use heat wave and burn this field to the ground!"

I could see Kyred giving a knowing look to Olivia...

The wave of heat started to burn the tops of the grass it it swept through. Smoke and fire clouded the field as Charizard waited to see where Greninja was. "Where is he?" Gladion mutters.

Because of how late this battle is dragging on the sun was below the towering stadium walls. This produced a dark shade around one side of the stadium. And this one side was where Greninja was laying down hidden.

"Looks like Greninja has developed a fear of fire type attacks," I laugh. My words were confusing everybody because they all think he is in the fire.

"Use water shuriken if you can," Hau commands.

It was the first time I have ever seen the big version of the attack without needing our bond activated. Maybe that means the bond version is even stronger. Instead of throwing it Greninja lunges at the confused Pokémon.

"Flamethrower!" Sydney yells at the last second. The breath of flames engulfed Greninja. But Charizard took knock back so he must've been hit as well.

The two Pokémon landed in the same clearing. The flames circled around, crackling as they too waited to see the victor. Staring each other down, barely able to stand... Until one was not able to battle.

"Charizard is the Pokémon that is unable to battle!" I announce. "Which means Greninja finally learned how type advantage works."

"What a battle," Gladion said in awe.

"Not bad," I laugh.

"Ye-Wait where are you going?" I hear Gladion question as I run out of the box.

Lillie's POV

"Umbreon get out of the way!" I yell as Samurott is trying to finish this with a superpower attack. Umbreon got to the side just in time thankfully. "Give him a whacking with iron tail." The moonlight Pokémon whipped her hardened tail around and slashed Samurott, who turned around mistakenly, in the face.

"Hydro pump!" My blonde opponent commands.

"Psychic!"

My turn defence into offence tactic is working like a charm against Samurott. Almost as well as an attract would. I smirk as Umbreon changes the course of the water stream back towards the water type. We are in complete control of the battle.

"Finish this with shadow ball," I order. The ghostly orb fired directly at Samurott but they aren't done yet.

"Slice through it with razor shell before charging in," Brady commands. The sharp horn attack divided the ghost type in two. He then kicked it to his highest gear and slashed Umbreon before I could utter a command. "Now ice beam!"

The unexpected change in momentum is leaving me motionless. Umbreon slowly became covered in ice. She glistened in the sun as Samurott slowly trudged forward. "It can't end like this," I tear up. No Lillie, win this like you told Ash you would.

"Umbreon use dark pulse!" I yell. Nothing was happening other than a small blackish purplish colour appearing at Umbreons mouth. It wasn't growing though.

"Samurott finish this with super power," Brady orders. Samurott towered over the ice but the delay proved costly. The overload of dark energy led to the ice entrapment bursting into tiny ice shards. The collection of ice shards and outbursts of dark pulse went right into Samurott.

"Iron tail!"

It's over...

Samurott only had time to look up and watch the tail slash him. He slumped down unable to battle.

"We did it," I mumble. I could tell the crowd was cheering and clapping but I only could hear one voice.

"You could have waited until I got here," Ash laughs as he walks up to me.

"You should have ran faster," I stick my tongue out.

"At least I won't miss the moment you win tomorrow," Ash chuckles.

"You better not," I giggle. "That reminds me... Who won?"

"The Pokémon you're going to beat?" He chuckles.

"Seriously," I pout.

"Greninja." Ash answers.

"Great," I roll my eyes. "There goes my psychic tactic."

"And shadow ball and dark pulse won't be as effective," Ash adds.

"Thanks," I say sarcastically.

"You're welcome," He laughs.

________________________

Greninja beat Charizard... I hope the battle was good enough.

Anyways thanks for reading and see you next chapter.

And after that the story will get back to having more plot.