Just What I Needed (41)

Start from the beginning

When he handed her the ticket, Keely asked, “Can you play that song on the guitar, honestly?”

He smirked broadly, his eyes slightly shadowed from an obvious lack of sleep. “Yeah, it's probably my favorite one from Bad Company.”

“I'm still all for the song Bad Company, off the album Bad Company, by the band Bad Company,” answered Keely as she stepped forward in the line, Seth chuckling behind her.

Rolling her eyes, she handed the ticket to the man at the front doors, waiting with a smirk on her face as he got searched since he apparently looked suspicious. Standing there, her arms crossed in front of her, Keely couldn't help but notice the side long looks she was receiving, she was sure she wasn't a fan of it already.

At least she wasn't famous yet – she'd been in a few magazines but that was mostly because of Seth or the boys and while her song was on the charts and radio, it was still her debut single – she wouldn't be getting stared at when she was just at a concert for the music.

When Seth was finally cleared for not having any weapons, Keely stuffed her hands into the front pockets of her jeans as they walked into the crowd, cutting through the people until it became impossible to go any further.

“Are you ever going to take off your hood?” she asked loudly, leaning towards him to be heard over the loud chatter in the theater.

“Yeah, once the show really starts going and people aren't paying any attention.”

She was about to reply, but at that moment the lights dimmed, and she focused on the stage.

The show was great.

Well, to be honest, the opening act wasn't too amazing. She didn't have the charisma that Keely had seen with artists, there was no connecting with the audience the way that Janis Joplin had always done so easily, none of the way that The Doors' – particularly Morrison's – enthusiasm had rubbed off onto the crowd or the awe that people would be doused in while watching Billie Holiday.

There was none of that, but that didn't mean the girl on stage wasn't good. She just didn't put all of herself into the music, and it made it sound more robotic than soulful. At least in Keely's opinion, music was all about emotion, so what was the point of performing if you're not going to give your music the emotion it deserved? All though, she couldn't exactly talk, she might feel like those few times she'd performed she'd given everything to her music, but she couldn't really say seeing as she hadn't seen herself play the music.

But then Tyler Collins came on, and Keely could feel the smile spread across her face as she looked towards the stage, people screeching deafeningly around her. His shaggy blonde hair was sticking out from beneath a hat, wearing a pilot style jacket, jeans and holding a Gibson guitar she knew very well was worth seventeen thousand dollars, the Super 400 CES. That was when Keely started to shout with the rest of the crowd, feeling herself jump up and down in excitement.

She also knew that without a doubt Seth would be teasing her about it, but she couldn't help herself. Keely was feeling like many of the many Beatles fan girls, although she wasn't crying yet, so she wasn't that bad.

He was amazing to be honest. Keely just loved to see people who really enjoyed performing, and you could see the chemistry between Collins and his back up band. There were some people who you just know love something, and she could see it. The way he connected to the audience, laughing during a song, eyes serious if the emotions of the song called for it; it was just perfect.