“Just hurry up,” said Susan.

Following the advice, Keely dropped her bag and keys on the side table before racing up the stares, not able to shake the feeling that the camera's eye was tracing her actions.

Twenty minutes later, Keely was feeling fresh and clean, but very much confused as she stood in her closet. She couldn't help but think she was hopeless when it came to choosing her own clothes. Back in Bellingham Haley had practically laid out her clothes for her to where, and now in New York Andy told her what to where on important occasions.

Yes, she could handle going to the studio and hanging out with friends. But she wasn't Rachael Gosling, she had no idea what was the perfect outfit for any occasion. Because while Keely was pretty damn set in her opinion that Rachael was a bitch – in every sense that she could think of – the girl did manage to look classy and pretty at every moment. Well, maybe classy was pushing it, but no one could deny that Rachael was beautiful.

Sighing, she simply grabbed comfortable clothes, why would she want to be uncomfortable in the studio?

She pulled on a pair of torn jeans, a loose grey tank top and a black bomber jacket – not the one from the night before, because she found that smelt suspiciously of alcohol – before grabbing her mother's necklace and heading quickly down the stairs.

“You ready?” asked Susan, instantly snatching up her camera from the counter as she slipped off a bar stool.

Grinning Keely snatched up her bag, saying, “Yup, to UAE we go.”

This time they walked, Keely with her hands shoved into the pockets of her jacket, wishing that they'd either taken a cab or she'd thought to where more layers of at least put on a toque. But all that was made better when they stopped for coffee and Keely could wrap her fingers around the two disposable mugs she was carrying, all the while chatting with Susan about obscure subjects.

“Welcome to UAE Recording Studios,” Keely proclaimed, nudging he door open with her hip seeing as her hands were full and holding it open so Susan could walk in. “Oh, hey Brett, I didn't think you'd be among the living today,” she grinned, seeing the producer walk past them.

“Not so loud Keely,” he groaned, rubbing his head.

Chuckling, she just nodded her head to the back hallway to show Susan where they were going before turning around and heading straight down said hall. Since the woman behind her didn't make any move to talk to her, Keely just kept walking, hoping that Seth had managed to drag his ass off the floor of the warehouse by then, or else not only would she be kicking him this time, but the coffee would go to waste.

“So this is our studio,” Keely explained as they stopped at the door with the large C painted across it. Juggling the coffee mugs between her hands, she turned the knob, shoving the door open with her shoulder.

As she stepped inside the control room, she found that Seth had managed to get the studio.

But that didn't mean he was awake.

His feet were crossed and propped up on the edge of the soundboard, managing not to touch anything with his shoes, he was leaning back into the chair, causing it to be at a precarious angle as he leaned back with his hands tucked comfortably behind his head.

It was almost odd seeing his face when he wasn't awake, the only time Keely had seen him sleeping before his head had been buried in the mattress, hiding any view of his face. But now she got the full effect. He wasn't scowling or frowning, his face was relaxed into an almost peaceful expression with his hair rumpled messily. When he was like that, it was hard to imagine that sadness she saw every day in his face.

Just What I Neededजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें