Just What I Needed (38)

Start from the beginning

Still, that god damned curiosity was coming back, it really was a disease! Why on earth did they need her at the warehouse? Today was their day off after the show, they hadn't booked the studio or anything. Did the boys have something to show her? So far everything that band had shown her had been easily good things, so that did not help with her inquisitiveness.

She groaned again, but this time she did climb out of the middle of the bed, tumbling off the edge.

Her first action was to go turn on the shower until it steamed up the bathroom, and stripping out of her pyjamas, stepped inside to wash off all reminisce of the night before.

Although she'd complained to Seth and it had screwed with her sleep pattern in a major way, not to mention leaving her with that foggy lethargic feeling that slowed her brain, Keely wouldn't take the previous night back for anything.

The performance in itself had been amazing. First off, she'd never known something could go so smoothly for her – even including song mix ups – in her life! She'd loved seeing her music reflected in the eyes of the people in the crowd, seeing the smiles, even some respect along with hearing the people cheer and clap. She'd loved every moment of it. Sharing her mic with Seth or Marco as they sang back up for her, leaning her back against one of them as they played, hooking her arm around Colton's neck at the back of the stage, or leaning back slightly holding the microphone stand away from her as she hit a more difficult note.

But the time after they'd left The Chrome Palace was almost as fun, if less magical, for her as they walked the streets of New York City, thankfully leaving Rachael behind. Keely loved how the city could be bustling with life but at the same time have a sereneness that could only be found at night. Yes, she loved the night, it had never scared her, even as a child.

They'd eaten hot dogs from a stand, Marco flicking mustard in Colton's face, making her and Seth laugh, but they were soon chastised by the man behind the cart, and were sent on their way, hot dogs in hand. They'd watched an acrobat do tricks on a street that had been closed down, and seen a street performer on another section of closed off road, sat on the sidewalks in Times Square, the boys mocking people while she laughed, sang Sweet Emotion loudly as they walked down an empty street and were yelled at to shut up, caught a late Broadway show, and stood on the roof of Marco's apartment building where Marco and Colton yelled at innocent people, they'd been asked for their autographs repeatedly, and Keely signed her first of many that night.

And at the very end of their celebration night out after her debut New York set, they'd watched the sunrise over the city on a bride in Central Park, the sun reflecting prettily on the buildings.

No, she wouldn't be giving back that night anytime soon.

Stepping out of the shower, she wrapped a fluffy towel around her hastily and, yawning, continued with getting ready.

Not knowing what was waiting her at the warehouse, Keely just dried her hair, leaving it in messy waves around her shoulders. Hastily she pulled on a pair of her jeans that had a rip in the knee and the thigh, a plain white v neck shirt beneath her black leather jacket.

Just grabbing her bag, Keely continued to yawn all the way down to the lobby.

“Keely!” said Mr Englis in surprise from behind his counter in the marble lobby. “I didn't think you'd be about today.”

Sending him a small smile, she answered, “I wish I wasn't,” before leaving the hotel.

When she got out of her cab, quite used to the incredulous looks she received from the cab drivers by then, Keely looked around incredulously at the street surrounding the warehouse. It was crowded with cars, all the way from expensive sports cars to pieces of crap that looked like if you started the engine something would fall off.