Chapter 130 - How He Made Her Feel

Start from the beginning

Yoarashi continues to battle the smug kids, using his Quirk to whisk them in the air with a strong gust of wind, preventing them from unleashing anymore of their powerful attacks.

"Hey, why aren't you fighting back!?" One boy from the back of the group that didn't get sucked up by Yoarashi's Quirk yells out, pointing at Kira. "You think you're better than us or something? You think you don't need to use your Quirk to stop us!?"

Kira peels her eyes from the floating kids to the angered ones. "No, it's just-" She holds her tongue. She can't tell these complacent kids about her limitations.

"It's not that!" It's them - the girls who ambushed her earlier. One with long, blonde curls and the other that insulted her. "She's just weak, that's all it is!"

Kira stares at these two little girls as they head to the front of the group and the attacks slowly but surely simmer down and Yoarashi cancels his Quirk. Those airborne kids drop to the ground, but cease fire, interested about what these two cunning girls have to say about Kira.

Kira narrows her eyes at the girls, their expressions proud and, dare she say, evil. Though, Kira knows true evil, as her hand reaches to her neck and she feels the fragile lump from the scar. Kira's eyes cast down in shame - she is weak, isn't she?

"She doesn't know how to fight back!" The girls continue to poke and prod and now the hall has gone deathly quiet. "That dumb trainee told me she got that ugly scar because she couldn't save her friend!"

Her eyes widen and her gaze snaps to Bakugou, feeling his eyes already locked on her, no longer watching these two girls. He's the friend she meant and he knows it. The look he sends her is sincere, not judgemental, like she assumed he'd be. But, the eyes around her crowd out his own and Kira feels her temperature rising. Her anxieties, her worries, her fears, her failures, out in the open for these kids to remember, to point and laugh and call her names that will remain carved into her stone-like heart for the rest of her life. Like a constant reminder that her actions have consequences and no matter what she does, she'll never change.

Kira looks down at her hands, watching the skin turn a dull green, humming under her skin and in her brain.

"Hey."

She looks up again and Bakugou's there, blocking her vision from the kids, as they continue to point and chant their offences, humiliating her further. When did he get there?

"I knew this was a bad idea," she says, gritting her teeth and hiding her arms behind her back. "Didn't I tell you that?"

"You did." His voice is soft, like a gentle sea. "But, are you really going to let a couple of nobodies piss you off like that?"

"So much has happened, Bakugou," she whispers, ignoring his question and feeling the heat course through her body and up her neck, the part of her she hates the most. "This new outfit was supposed to convince me to be proud of my scars, but I'm not. These kids reminded me of that." Kira gulps heavily, revealing her hands from behind her back, noticing that her skin has turned white. "Now, I'm about to ruin this exam for all of us."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," Bakugou replies confidently.

"What?"

"I got you," Camie speaks up from close by, talking loud enough for her and Bakugou to hear, but no one else. "I created a little illusion of you and Bakugou, so you can do what you gotta do without these kids getting in the way."

"You did, huh?" Kira mumbles.

"It won't last long though, so you should probably hurry it up a bit."

Kira turns her head back to Bakugou. "So, you noticed her Quirk in effect, did you?"