Chapter 128 - The Quarrel In The Music Team

Start from the beginning

Lucas scoffs at that, crossing his arms and turning his body away from the excitable students. "Maybe you're just dumb."

Kira doesn't feel the least bit insulted by Lucas' quips - somehow a certain somebody is responsible for her impenetrable exterior. "You know, you remind me a lot of one of my classmates," Kira says, bending over with her hands on her knees. "But, I can't tell if that means you'll get along well, or not."

"I seriously doubt any of you are going to impress me," the boy replies, sharply.

"Lucas," Eri says timidly. "You need to be nice to them."

Lucas' expression changes whenever his eyes meet Eri's, softening greatly, as if that distrust and anger was never even there to begin with. Kira doesn't blame the boy for his attitude and rudeness - she has no idea what these two truly went through while being held hostage by the Shie Hassaikai. She just knows that it was something horrible and traumatic. The wounds on Lucas' wrists have healed dramatically, though she can see the scars peeking out from under his shirt when he crosses his arms. No child should feel that sort of pain, no matter how tough they claim to be.

"It's okay," Kira says, her tone soft. "If it makes you feel comfortable, you can speak to me however you want."

"Although, I don't condone it," Aizawa speaks up from behind the children, resting his weight on one leg as he glares down at Lucas.

"When he's not around then," Kira adds, nodding towards Mr Aizawa and offers a warm smile.

Mirio crouches to Eri and Lucas' level. "You ready for our tour, you two?" He then looks up at the students to explain. "I wanna show them as much of the school as I can, so they know what we do here. Midoriya, you want to come too? Kiriya, seeing as you know these two already, you should come along as well."

"Yes!" Midoriya agrees, without hesitation.

"I would, but-" Kira sighs. "I've got a lot to do as part of the special effects team for our concert," she tells them. "But, as Eri and Lucas will be here for the actual festival, I'd love to join you guys for that, if I can."

"Oh, sure!" Mirio nods enthusiastically. "Is that okay, Eri? Lucas?"

"Okay," Eri says, though she appears upset.

Another scoff from the boy. "I could care less."

"Okay, everybody!" Mina yells suddenly. "I think it's about time for a break anyway."

Midoriya sprinted inside faster than the others, eager to get his school uniform back on to join Mirio, Eri and Lucas around the school grounds. Kira filtered back inside the dormitory with the others as the music team also arrived from elsewhere in the dorm to join them.

"You idiot!" Bakugou was yelling at Kaminari, his voice becoming more audible as they all neared. "You're too slow on that damn guitar! You said you were gonna murder those strings!"

"I, uh..." Kaminari says uncertainly. "Technically, I didn't say I was gonna mu-"

"Oh, whatever!" Bakugou retorts. "Just work harder!"

"You're part of the problem too, Bakugou," Kyoka tells him. "It's not very helpful when you add random beats into the song. How are we supposed to understand what you're doing?"

Kira tries to block out that conversation as she walks with the dance team towards the living room area.

"You came out to see us for a reason, didn't you, Kiriya?" Ojiro speaks up, before collapsing back onto one of the green sofa's.

"Right, I did." Kira shakes her head back to reality, as she rests her forearms on the back of one of the sofa's. "The special effects team has come across a bit of a snag during the routine," she explains. "In order to be able to do it, we need Midoriya to leave the dance team. His Quirk will be perfect for it."