Chapter 115 - Bakugou's Resolution

Start from the beginning

"That's my line." Bakugou narrows his eyes at Kira, standing over the sheet of paper. "I got up early so I wouldn't have to run into any of you idiots."

"I did the same thing!" She blurts without thinking. "Ugh- I mean... I got up early so I wouldn't have to run into-"

Kira stops herself again, biting her bottom lip to stop herself from blurting out anything further. She didn't want to admit that she was avoiding Bakugou - that would just make her look weird.

"Huh?" Bakugou stands a little bit straighter from the desk he was leaning over. "What the hell-"

"Wait a minute," she cuts him off, looking past his arm at the paper on the desk. "What's this?"

Kira ignores Bakugou as he rants and raves about her dismissing his response and instead walks past him, their arms brushing as she peers down at the papers on the desk.

When they all first jotted down their names, there was only one sheet of paper, recently printed out for their purpose. Here, there were several pieces of paper, the ink long since dried, the sheen of the paper old, crinkled and dusty.

"They were already here when I got here," Bakugou says, turning with her to peer down at the papers, looking past her shoulder.

Kira didn't doubt for a second that Bakugou did something malicious in any way.

"Well," Kira says slowly. "I mean, it makes sense that these are different." She quickly looks through each sheet of paper, noticing the words, but not properly reading them. "We're in a different reality, after all."

"The sheet that we all signed yesterday morning is still in our world," Bakugou adds, his voice quiet as he mutters past her ear.

"Yeah." Kira scoffs. "Of course Visage didn't bring the sheet with her. It's something that everyone, including the teachers overlooked." Kira turns around to Bakugou, trying to ignore how close they both are right now, and leans up against the desk, the papers in hand. "Visage did say she was still developing her power, so it makes sense she wouldn't have thought to bring the sheet over with her. It's not a big deal though."

"We can just use these ones." Bakugou takes the papers from Kira's hands, their fingertips just about coming into contact enough that it sends a shiver down her spine, her skin tickling.

She watches his brows slowly knit together as he reads the words across the pages, his eyes focused and vibrant. Kira has to force her eyes to a spot in the corner of the room, anything to distract herself from his face. The only time she's ever drawn such a vivid attention to someone's features is with Kirishima, but now that's all over.

Kira pushes herself off the desk abruptly and scrounges around for a pen, looking in the drawers that open with a screech. One of them gets stuck and she curses at it, trying to wiggle it out before ultimately giving up and leaving it to hang out of the desk.

"Hey," Bakugou speaks up, but Kira ignores him, wanting to block him out for at least a few more minutes.

Kira turns around, facing the old metal filing cabinets, when she gets an awful sense of deja vu. She hesitates for a fraction, before opening one of the cabinets for a pen.

"Hey," Bakugou repeats, his tone getting more irritated as she ignores him still, her back to him.

Kira's fingers flick through the random files in here. Weird that they even have filing cabinets in here to begin with. Was this place a holiday spot for a school too and this is just where they kept the attendance sheets?

"Oi, you idiot," Bakugou says again, his voice closer as he scoots around the desk to get her attention. "Stop ignoring me and look."

Kira has no choice but to turn to him, as Bakugou holds out one of the sheets of paper he was holding.