Chapter 93 - On The Verge Of A Discovery

Start from the beginning

"Deku?" She frowns. "No, why would I know that?" She looks flustered.

Kira rolls her eyes slightly. "Maybe he's outside then," she tells herself, sighing.

Kira approaches the sliding doors that lead to the back garden, stepping out onto the cold patio with her bare feet. She ensures the door is shut tight in case anyone decides to eavesdrop on them. Maybe whatever it is that Midoriya and the others are hiding is actually quite a serious matter.

"Midoriya?" She calls out to the darkness.

"Hello?" He responds, his voice located around the corner of the dorms building. "I'm over here."

She traces her fingers around the wall and finds her classmate in the middle of the grassy clearing, a book on the ground in front of him.

"Is this what you do when I'm not available?" She asks.

"Huh?"

She gestures to the book, open before him.

"Oh!" He picks it up, waving it sheepishly. "It's just some notes on... Iida, actually. He said he doesn't mind!" He gushes. "I've just been using the notes that I've taken to train on my own when I can. Sometimes I look at the notes that I have on you too. Not that I look at you a lot! It's just that your style is very unique and strong and-"

"Whoa, whoa." Kira raises her arms up, as if pushing back a wave of his mutterings. "I never said it was a bad thing. The fact that you keep detailed notes on everything is in fact, a good thing. How else are you supposed to learn?" Kira decides to step towards her classmate, shrugging with one shoulder. "I mean, if we keep notes on our other studies, why shouldn't we do the same with our physical training?"

Midoriya nods at her reasoning. "You're right. So, I hope you don't mind that I've taken a lot of notes about you and your Quirk and your combat skills."

Kira shakes her head with a smile. "By all means..."

"Have you come out here to train too?" He wonders, closing his book.

"Actually, I've been meaning to ask you something."

"Okay." He nods again.

Akira wonders how best to put it when she concludes that perhaps bluntness is the best solution. After all, Midoriya doesn't respond well to peer pressure. The last thing she wants him to do is find a way to tell another lie if he's hiding something bigger than she thinks.

"You're hiding something," she says bluntly, crossing her arms over her chest. "It's been annoying me for a while now, so you need to come clean."

"Uh- hiding something?" The grip on his book tightens, the paper wrinkling under his hold. "What do you mean?"

Kira's brows raise knowingly. "You know what I'm talking about."

Midoriya switches the book into his left hand and subtly wipes his hand on the back of his thigh.

"Look." She sighs, letting her arms swing back down by her sides. "I've been honest about a lot of stuff already. A lot of personal stuff. The least you can do is be honest with me."

"There's just some things that can't be shared," Midoriya mutters his reply, his eyes slowly dropping to the grass beneath them.

"Something like this?" Kira pushes. "Something I can just tell is eating you up inside?"

"Has Kacchan said something?" Midoriya says, his lips barely parting to form the words. "Because he said he wouldn't. He promised."

"Bakugou?" Kira frowns. "N- no. Why would he?"