Chapter 67 - Telling The Truth For Once

Start from the beginning

She feels like screaming - her heads about to implode with the pressure and the stress and the intensity that she calls her now secretive life.

Perhaps she's being dramatic, perhaps she's overthinking it all. If she just tells Aizawa everything that's happened, he's sure to understand, right? After all, he must have done or witnessed worse than her doings. Right?

The window closes faster and faster, her heart beating rapidly and she hears Aizawa open the door behind her. Her eyes widen and she leaps to her feet, spinning to her teacher so fast, she gets a splitting head rush in the process.

"Wait!" She yells and Aizawa turns to her lazily, his hand resting on the handle of the now open door.

Inside the dormitory, she spots All Might, Midoriya and Bakugou staring through the small gap in the door with intense curiosity. It seems All Might has found bandages of some sort and has placed them on each of the students faces, but that's not what peaked her interest. Each person displayed a completely different emotion, completely opposite of their behaviour personality traits.

All Might showed confusion in his hollow, sunken eyes, which is strange because he's always been certain of everything. That's just who he's always been. The number one hero who's always smiling and sure of every situation he's in.

And then there's Midoriya, his expression only revealing distrust. Distrust of her. He doesn't have the full story. She did say she would tell him everything once they completed the exam and they have. He deserves to know the full story, especially if all he knows now is nothing but the bad.

Bakugou. He's always been reckless and insensitive with his actions and his words. But now, something's changed. With the slightness of the open door and the vague darkness of the living room inside, Kira glimpses his face, concerned and apprehensive. Yeah, that's probably the most accurate description of his expression at that point in time.

However, there were factors that disrupted her vision, like the gap in the door, the terrible lighting, even the bandages on their faces. It was impossible to declare what they were truly feeling in that moment then and there. After all, they had just been caught fighting out at the Training Grounds. Over what? Kira will never know.

That lasted miliseconds, before Aizawa released the door and she was left staring at her own astonished reflection on the door.

"You've come to your senses?" Aizawa asks, a brow perked up in interest.

Kira nods, still lost for words after what she may or may not have just witnessed. "But, there's too much to say. Where do I even start?"

"Start at the hardest part."

So, she does. Kira fills Aizawa in on her incident with the boy and his father, leaving the adult behind to fend for himself after having witnessed the boy's murder. She fled. Leaving the man all alone, never knowing if he made it out of there, or not.

She explained that that is why she failed her exam. Because she panicked and fled, again. It's a signature move of hers now, it seems.

"I see," Mr Aizawa says slowly. "So, what are you doing out here?"

"I'm sorry, sir?" Kira frowns at her teacher. After everything she just told him, this is what he wants to know?

Aizawa glances at a small watch on his wrist. "It's nearly half three in the morning, dammit," he sighs angrily. "It's an unsuitable time to be out for a stroll."

Kira hesitates, her mouth hanging open in search for an answer. "I needed to clear my head," she decides to say. "I failed the exam and now that's weighing on me along with everything else I just told you."