Chapter 62 - Secrets Behind The Curtain

Start from the beginning

"His what?" Kira frowns at both his answer and his willingness to cooperate.

Bakugou sighs irritably. "Some extra from Shiketsu pissed me off."

"I take it that's when that girl was there? Pretending to be me?"

Bakugou holds off on an answer, as the nurse starts to check out his arm, raising it and lowering it to examine. Kira's shocked to even find him in here - he's usually so stubborn and dismissive of any injuries he may or may not have sustained.

"So, why are you here?" Kira repeats her question. Bakugou doesn't reply again, as if waiting for an explanation. "This isn't the first time you've hurt yourself during a training exercise. But, you don't usually let that stop you."

"I'm not an idiot," he snaps. "I need to be ready for the next exam, whatever the hell it is."

"So, there is another exam?" Kira sulks.

He doesn't respond to that, just keeps quiet as the nurse ushers some questions and remarks that Bakugou simply grunts or shakes his head to. The nurse then nods once and approaches a desk on the other side of the room, out of earshot.

Kira feels Bakugou's eyes on her, but not quite looking at her. She looks down at herself, but finally realises his eyes are locked on the blood on either side of her face. There's no care or concern evident in those eyes, simply curiosity and awareness.

Bakugou quickly looks back at the curtains, as if he heard someone approach and Kira peeks over, expecting a friend to help her from this awkward and uncomfortable situation. "I take it that was your Quirk?"

Kira frowns deeply, before slowly looking back at Bakugou. It was the way he phrased it that was so odd, yet so understanding. There was no one at the curtains - he was checking to see if anyone was in earshot of their conversation.

With those few words, Akira was fully aware of what he meant, yet he was cautious with his diction. Bakugou didn't mention anything about a second Quirk, nor did he mention anything about healing. He truly was at least trying to keep her secondary Quirk a secret.

"Yeah," Kira croaks, still stunned by Bakugou's willingness to keep her secret hidden from anyone else.

His look was sincere and certain, like he figured there would be a grave threat if her secret ever got out. Kira was about to laugh, when she caught herself - Bakugou's all about trying to save his own hide, he just doesn't want her to tell anybody what little she knows about Katsuki Bakugou.

"So," he starts, his voice deep and sharp. "You're all healed up now?"

Kira's frown deepens, if that were even possible. It didn't sound like a question, more like an accusation. Like a mock or a taunt.

"That's how it works, yeah," she retorts.

Another silence. Neither one of them could uphold a conversation longer than a couple sentences before it fizzles out like a sad, pathetic firework. Both of then were on a tight fuse. If Kira says the wrong thing, then Bakugou resorts to foul insults and would eventually storm out of the room. For Kira, well, she's just fed up of the secrets. On top of everything, she has to deal with someone who's going to be stealing her face and messing with her classmates.

"Did you notice anything?" Kira wonders, before she can stop herself, her mind lingering on the Shiketsu student.

"With what?" Bakugou huffs his reply, rolling his arm around.

"The me that you saw with Kirishima and Kaminari. That girl from Shiketsu."

Bakugou averts his gaze, as if he's not really interested in the conversation. "What does it matter? Past is in the past."