Chapter 16 - Babysitting And Spicy Ramen

Start from the beginning

"Yell at me some more!" Kira says, nodding frantically, her eyes wide.

Bakugou narrows his eyes at Kira, as if she's mocking him. "No."

Kira's face drops, as the baby begins to weep, their bottom lip sticking right out. She glances at Bakugou quickly, pleading for him to work his magic, but he glares at her once more and starts to walk away, perhaps to get that spicy ramen he wanted. He takes only a few steps when the baby screams once more, tears streaming down their already pink cheeks.

"Bakugou!" Kira calls out, but he ignores her, a few feet away from the sliding doors. She glares at the back of his head, hating his uncaring nature towards others. Kira side-eyes the baby, before calling back to her classmate once more. "Some hero you are!"

Bakugou pauses, the wind from outside ruffling his hair as he stands half way in the store. He slowly turns, but keeps quiet.

"You wanna be number one so bad, but you're not even capable of helping anyone but yourself!" She yells at him, as his expression twists into one of anger once more. "Being number one isn't just about strength, Bakugou. I'm sure you know all of this already."

Without another word, Bakugou strides back to her, his pace quick. Kira instantly readies herself for a strike to the face, but it doesn't come. Instead, Bakugou shoves the store clerk off his wheelie chair and sits himself down without another word.

"Thank you, Bakugou."

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up," he replies, placing his chin in his hand.

The baby already stopped crying and so Kira sits them on the desk, giving them her finger to hold.

"Hm." Kira frowns at the child. "I don't think it's your voice, Bakugou." He looks up slightly, his chin still resting on his palm. "It's just you."

"Great," he answers sarcastically.

"Don't be like that," Kira says, tutting like some disappointed mother. "That's a good thing. Like I said, being number one isn't about how strong your Quirk is. You're gonna need the public to want to vote for you."

"I know all that," Bakugou snaps. "I don't need you to tell me."

"If you get it, then why do you act like such an ass all the time?" She retorts.

Bakugou lunges up from his seat in the blink of an eye. "What the hell did you call me!?"

The baby giggles at his reaction and Kira can't help but laugh at the twinkle in the child's eye. "I don't know why she has a soft spot for you, Bakugou."

"It's annoying," he says plainly, sitting back down again.

"Maybe." She shrugs, before glancing around the store. "You know, Bakugou..." She trails off.

"What is it, already?"

"I don't think the baby's parents are here."

Bakugou raises his head off his chin, staring at the child. He looks as though he's about to say something, when he shakes his head with a scoff. "I thought that was obvious."

Kira sends her classmate a sharp look before nodding to the store clerk, who had been sitting on the ground the whole time. "Can you call the authorities for me, please?"

The store clerk simply nods before vanishing in a door to the back of the store.

Kira glances back at her classmate as he yawns in his seat. "Don't act like some kind of smug jackass," she snaps bluntly, her frown increasing. Bakugou looks as though he's about to retaliate, when Kira cuts him off. "You can care about some things. That's not a weakness."