Chapter 24 - Two Heroes (Part Three)

Start from the beginning

"Well, we are pretty late for the party now," Kirishima replies.

"No, it's not that." She shakes her head as they enter the room full of greenery.

"Look!" Kirishima points to the other side of the room. "There's a lift. We can take that straight up to the expo."

As they approached the centre of the room, the lift suddenly dinged and what appeared to be two security guards stepped out. One was tall and angular, the other shorter and plump.

"Hey, we see you!" The taller one calls out. "Stupid kids!"

Bakugou steps forward, taking his hands out his pockets. "What'd you say, you bastard?"

"What are you three doing here?" The shorter guard asks.

"That's what I wanna know too," Bakugou scoffs.

"Hey, man." Kirishima blocks Bakugou's way. "Just leave this to me." He steps towards the guards, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "Uh... we kinda got lost looking for this party. Can you maybe point us in the right direction?"

The guards look at one another and Kira's stomach drops - she knew something wasn't right. The taller guard's hand stretches out, webbing out in between the fingers.

"Don't lie to me or you'll regret it!" The guard screams, throwing his arm around with such ferocity that an abnormal gust of wind comes shooting towards the redhead.

"Kirishima!" She shouts, reaching for him.

"Hey, watch out!" Bakugou yells.

Suddenly, a huge ice wall blocks the stream of wind and Kira's eyes snap to the shrubbery, spotting Todoroki.

Just when Kira thinks the guard has been dealt with, the ice starts to crack.

"The four of us can keep them busy down here," Todoroki says quickly, creating a tall pillar of ice to carry her classmates high onto a platform. "Look for a way to get to the top."

"What are you doing?" Kira hears Midoriya question.

"I'll be right behind you after I clean up this mess!" He tells them, as the ice carries them away.

"Wait, you guys are here too?" Kirishima wonders.

"What's going on here, Todoroki?" Kira questions, as the three of them rush over to him.

"You didn't hear the broadcast alert?" He frowns at them. "Nevermind now. Some villains have taken over the tower."

"That's what this is about?" Bakugou says.

"That would explain all the locked doors," Kira mumbles.

"I'll explain more when I can," Todoroki adds, as the others finally reach the top walkway. "No time now."

The three of them face Todoroki's previous ice wall as the villain's smash their way through.

"What's with this guy's Quirk?" Bakugou sneers, readying his hands.

Kirishima hardens his arms and Kira brightens her skin.

"Stay on your guard," Todoroki says, ice beginning to swirl around his fingertips.

"Shut up," Bakugou argues already. "I know that."

"So, you wanna pick a fight," the shorter villain says, stepping out of the ice, when suddenly his shirt tears apart and his skin becomes purple as he transforms into some sort of beast. "Then lets see how tough you really are!"

Todoroki immediately sends another ice wall that the beast smashes with ease. As the villain is distracted, Bakugou swoops around and attacks the villain from behind.