Chapter 50 - Somewhere Different, Somewhere Dangerous

Start from the beginning

Bakugou ignores her, walking backwards.

"Wait!" She barks, but it's too late.

Her classmate charges the glass doors, smashing through with enough force to shatter both doors completely. A couple shards nick his arms but he pays no attention to it or the pain.

"I'm gonna find that damn villain and I'm gonna kill him," he snarls, brushing off any glass.

The store alarm blares loudly in the pitch black night and Kira chases after Bakugou as he takes off down the street back in the general direction of UA. However, sirens up ahead cause him to stop abruptly and Kira crashes into the back of him. She mutters her apologies, but he ignores her, grabbing her by the wrist and tugging her into an alley. They both watch the bright blue and red police cars shoot past, catching their breath. Kira leans back up from her hands on her knees, watching Bakugou closely as he stares down the alleyway.

"You don't think that this villain is with Shigaraki and the others, do you?" She wonders, her voice eerily quiet.

"No," Bakugou says with certainty, still glaring down the alley entrance. "That loser is too weak, even for the League."

"Then why did he take Kirishima?"

Bakugou turns his head back to Kira, his eyes expressing some kind of concern. Kirishima is the closest he has to a real friend. "I don't know. But I'm gonna find him and kick his ass."

"How?" She asks, her voice nearly cracking. "If this villain hurts Kirishima just like us when we were taken..."

Bakugou groans in annoyance. "Shitty hair is stronger than any of us. He won't break."

Kira nods slowly, watching the fire ignite behind Bakugou's determined eyes. "We should go back to UA. We won't be able to find him - just us. Hound Dog can sniff the villain out."

"I know, I'm not stupid."

They wait for the sirens to silence before they step out of the dank alley. Bakugou peers down the road both ways, before ushering Kira to follow. She sticks close to her classmate, not wanting to lose him also and despite everything, he doesn't seem to mind.

It was about a half-hour walk to the store from UA, but the both of them made it back to the school in ten minutes, rushing down the streets with urgent need. Who knows what Kirishima might be going through right now.

"If anything happens to him..." Kira mumbles to herself.

"Shut up," Bakugou interrupts her thoughts.

She glares up at the blonde, wanting to curse him for his uncaring attitude, when she follows his gaze to a stranger stumbling down the path with his hands in his pockets. She squints at the person, their black hair flat against their head, their head cast down to the pavement as they kick the pebbles by their feet.

"It can't be..." She whispers and Kira feels Bakugou eye her suspiciously.

There's no doubt about it, it's him.

"Kirishima!" She calls out, breaking into a sprint. Bakugou grunts in surprise behind her as she takes off towards her classmate. "Kirishima, how did you get away?"

"What the hell happened to your hair?" Bakugou questions, as he accompanies Kira.

She glances up at his black hair, obviously confused, but is more concerned about his well-being.

"Who are you?" Kirishima frowns at her.

Her smile drops. "It's me, Kira."

Kirishima eyes the blonde beside her. "What the hell are you doing out here, Bakugou? And who the hell is this?"