Chapter 49 - A Trip To The Store

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What the hell are you staring at?" He pauses mid-scrub to side-eye her.

She hesitates, watching some of the bubbles pop in the bowl. "Kirishima and I are heading out to restock."

"Okay," he mutters, slowly continuing to clean the plates.

Kira takes a step into the living room to fetch any missed dishes, when his voice halts her.

"In that case" - he stops scrubbing and fishes out his phone from his front pocket - "you can get these."

It wasn't a request of whether or not to acquire this certain object if it crossed her path. Kira peered over at the image on his phone.

"But the spicy version," he adds.

Kira didn't appreciate his attitude towards it, as if she were a slave or a maid, ordered to fetch his shopping. Sure, he's chipping in now and helping out with the cleaning, but it annoyed her still.

"Uh uh." She shakes her head, crossing her arms over her chest. "If you want something specific, you can come with us and get it yourself. Besides, we might need help carrying everything back."

He frowned at her, dropping his phone to his side. "Fine," he sighs, without another word.

Her eyes widen at the easiness of the situation - she expected more yelling. She watched him leave the dishes and approach the lift just as it dinged and the doors opened to reveal Kirishima.

"Bakubro!" He sounds better than from this morning already. "You're awake too!?"

"Of course I am, shitty hair," he replies, entering the lift and pressing the button for the fourth floor.

Kira found herself smiling at the charismatic version of Kirishima she knew so well. His red hair styled upwards, as if they're the devils horns, a light green shirt, the colour of mint and a black bomber jacket, black jeans and white trainers.

"That's better," she says before she can stop herself.

He flushes slightly at her words, or perhaps the look she may be sending him, and he vanishes into the kitchen in an attempt to finish what Bakugou started.

She waits at the doorway, searching for the words to start a meaningful conversation. "Bakugou's coming with us."

"He is?" Kirishima looks up from the sink, finishing the last of the dishes.

"Yeah." She shrugs lazily, even though his back is to her. "He wants to get some spicy food."

"Well, we can use the extra hands."

Kirishima turns around, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning against the counter.

"I take it you have a place in mind?" Kira wonders.

"I do." He grins, before placing a hand on his chin in deep thought. "Not sure how we're gonna pay for it all."

"Isn't it the school's problem?" Kira frowns.

"Not when we wasted everything on a party."

Kira sighs, before rolling her eyes. "Thank God that one of us has a pro hero as a parent, eh?"

~

They made a quick stop to Kira's house and it caused her to become incredibly anxious even being a block away from it. This is where she was tricked and decieved by the villains - it just didn't feel safe anymore. She was sure her uncertainty was radiating off her like a beacon as she felt the wary eyes of her classmates locked onto her the entire time... well, one of them anyway. Kirishima still had no idea that she had somewhat betrayed her school by blabbering to her so-called mother about everything.