Chapter 44 - Upgrading Hero Costumes

Start from the beginning

Unless... unless, Toga is trying to throw her off the track. Kira shakes her head dismissively at the thought. Look what that villain has done - made her paranoid.

Kira eventually musters up the courage to leave the locker room, heading back to gym gamma to continue her training. She should at least inform the teachers of her theory. When she gets the chance, she will, not that they probably already have this thought in mind themselves.

Kira jogs to gym gamma, where everyone appears to have been waiting for her.

"Right." Aizawa sighs. "Keep working hard, students. Find your ultimate moves!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Kiriya." Aizawa approaches her after everyone else veers off back to their cement towers. "Everything okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Fine," Kira breathes out heavily. "Earlier was just... hard to talk about," she lies.

He nods. "I understand. Which is why it's more important than ever to achieve these ultimate moves."

"Right. Yes, sir!"

She speeds off to her tower and propels herself to the top, where her Ectoplasm clone greets her. "Kiriya, you ready to continue your training?"

Kira eyes Bakugou launching himself into the air and blasting his clone to smithereens. After Mr Aizawa instructed her to keep a close eye on him, she's now watching him in a whole new light.

"Ready."

~

They worked until the sun started to set. High above, a harsh yellow had started to spread over gym gamma, casting an eerie gloom over the cement towers. In small groups, Aizawa sent students off to seek improvements for their costumes. Midoriya, Iida and Ochaco left earlier and now Aizawa decides to send Kira, Bakugou and Kirishima, just as the others return.

The three of them walk in silence down the corridor, stopping outside where a door should have once been. Kira frowns at it hanging for dear life on one hinge.

"Uh, hello?"

An ecstatic pink-haired girl rushes to meet them, covered in dirt and grime. "More?" She beams.

"Remind me of your names again." Pro hero Power Loader spins on his wheelie chair.

"Kiriya." Kira points to herself then the others. "Bakugou and Kirishima."

He studies them for a moment. "Ah yes." He points to each of them. "Light, explosion and hardening. Am I right?"

Kira nods, as the pink-haired girl rushes around at surprising speed. "Hatsume." The girl stops and spins on the spot at the call of her name. "You went against Iida in the Sports Fesitval, didn't you? It seems like so long ago now."

"Who?" She tilts her head.

"You- you were just with him." Kira frowns. "Head to toe in white armour?"

"Oh! Yeah! Yeah!" She spins around and starts smacking two pieces of metal together.

"What can we do for you three?" Power Loader asks.

"Costume improvements, of course," she replies.

"Well, you've come to the right place." Power Loader spins back round on his chair. "Like you mentioned, the other three just left with fresh, new gear, courtesy of young Hatsume, here."

"Yeah!" Kirishima finally speaks up. "They all looked awesome!"

"What ya looking for?" Hatsume says from right beside Kira, all of a sudden.