You know you're in Texas when... #11-22

11. You know you're in Texas when the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance. (AMEN! Shade is a precious and much fought-over comity.)

12. You know you're in Texas when the football team you support can decide a relationship. (Seen it. Heard of it.)

13. You know you're in Texas when the only snowman in your front yard is the inflatable kind. (We don't even have that...)

14. You know you're in Texas when the rodeo is just as important as the Super Bowl. (Perhaps even more...)

15. You know you're in Texas when there is no such thing as Mexican fast-food. (If it's fast-food, it ain't Mexican.)

16. You know you're in Texas when there is spicy ketchup from Whataburger. (That I might actually like...)

17. You know you're in Texas when Whataburger is pronounced Waterburger. (I thought that is how it was pronounced by all people?)

18. You know you're in Texas when you (or people you know) refer to soft drinks as cokes regardless of the flavor. (Heard this!!)

19. You know you're in Texas when you can insult anyone graciously by starting the sentence with "bless your heart". (Very true...)

20. You know you're in Texas when you get out of school when there is an inch of snow. (Yep, our town becomes a ghost town in that kind of weather.)

21. You know you're in Texas when you have to specify for unsweetened tea. (Who would want to?)

22. You know you're in Texas when you see a stranger bump into someone and they both say "Excuse me." (Done. Have been done to.)

---------------------------

Author's Note:

Dear Readers,

This is the end of this series for now. But, who knows when I might restart it... you are dealing with one prideful Texan.

sarahlet2999