Chapter 399: If he were an enemy (1)

"There really is no way to explain this. It's the first time I've ever seen him fight properly, but what's this... how can this person... how can a person be so strong?"

Lee Jihye muttered to herself with a blank expression.

Looking at how she stared at the screen with shocked eyes, it seemed like she couldn't make sense of the scene no matter what she was thinking.

How about those who are in the middle of that crazy battlefield?

They would've felt his presence more than us, who could only look at a map.

'Tactic Kim Hyunsung. Tactic Kim Hyunsung.'

From Lee Jihye's point of view, it could be a phrase thrown around as a joke.

However, there were traces of Kim Hyunsung all over the map reflected in the magic hologram.

Their enemies weren't beaten to death randomly, either.

Most of them were made unable to battle rather than killed.

It was perfectly normal to be dazed by the scene. Everyone knew that keeping them alive was much more difficult than killing them mercilessly.

Of course, I had similar feelings.

I knew that he was strong, but it was hard to accept that one person alone could affect the battlefield that much.

I knew that the named ones could turn the tide of war.

However, what Kim Hyunsung was showing was at a different level among the non-standard beings.

but the guy who steadily fulfilled his orders seemed a little unfamiliar.

As I looked at the armed figure standing on the screen, goosebumps began to rise all over my body.

The feeling that all of my vellus hair seemed to have stood clearly showed how awed I felt.

He looked like the warrior in stories, ready to save the day at a moment's notice.

'Right. Hyunsung, you are the best. Whew.'

Perhaps Lee Jihye would feel it more than me.

Unlike me, who had closely observed his performance, it was her first time to witness Kim Hyunsung's actual ability.

She hadn't even looked into his stats, so the shock she felt wasn't the only one.

It was quite the sight, watching her with her jaw dropped.

I wondered if I had such an expression after giving the command in the commanding unit.

"Isn't he great? Did you see him swing his sword in the end? No, what about when he caught the wizard before that?"

"How would I see something like that? And can you sort it out by saying that that's great? I thought that all the named ones I've seen so far were monsters, but he's even beyond monstrosity. I thought he was special since I first met him, but... no matter how much I think about it, I can't understand him. I doubt that he's even human, and you just say he's amazing. Is Hyunsung really human?"

"Then what would he be?"

"I don't know. I don't know how to describe him, but one thing I know is that he's special. If you think about it, it's the same in the tutorial. How is someone... of course, memories of the past can't be compared to the feelings I'm feeling right now, but he seemed weird since then."

"Pfff. Really?"

"Of course, I know that you influenced this work... no, you do look the same in my eyes. Just a little less. Still, it's undeniable that he's an incomprehensible person. The world really is unfair. I can roughly understand why you hang on to Hyunsung, making every effort. Yes. Really... you're not dreaming right now, are you?"