Chapter 262: Official Announcement (4)

It was very easy to coax powerful people.

The Princess, sitting next to the Emperor, would take a little time, but to look good to that old man would indeed be a piece of cake.

I didn't know how this Emperor ran the Empire when he was young and what he did, but I knew very well what his state was right now.

'Lame duck.'

This Empire really needed a change in regime if it wanted to be successful in the future. No wonder so many rumors were circulating about him.

Of course, this didn't mean that the Emperor had lost his power. He was still in position, the supreme decision-maker with a fixed amount of support, and the power to proclaim his successor. This meant that he would stay in power for the next three to five years.

The question was, how did the Emperor himself feel? Even if he actually wasn't...

'He can obviously feel the imperial power weakening...'

Otherwise, there was no reason for us to be here.

The Emperor's disposition was Timid Power.

He was the kind of human who would match well with me.

Those in power pretended to hate the vassals, but the truth was that they loved them more than anyone else. Humans couldn't hate those who flattered them directly.

'I can't flatter him too openly, but...'

I could definitely get him to like me within the course of this dinner.

"Hahaha. That's... a funny story..."

I didn't have to talk much, and he was already showing me a smile, undoubtedly seeing me as a nice guy at this point.

"Come to think of it... you are an alchemist, right?"

"That's right, His Majesty, the Great Emperor."

"I've heard a lot about you. I remember that you... hmm... had many titles. You are also the person who developed alchemy in the Empire... Didn't they say you were chosen by a dragon? If my memory is correct... Charlotte?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. Lee Kiyoung, who was appointed as one of the Eight Seats of the Empire, is the Vice Guild Master of the Blue Guild, founded in the Free City of Lindel, and is the first to be chosen by a dragon on the continent. I was also told that he was the first summoner to receive an honorary post from the Pope's side, and he is very close to Cardinal Basel."

"Right. He did... He is the Honorary Bishop of the Pope's side."

"I was lucky. That's why I could get acquainted with him. Haha. Cardinal Basel has a fiery side, but he is more concerned about the Holy Empire's future than anyone else."

"Right... I know."

"In fact, I like to meet new people. I have a strong relationship with other nobles in the Empire."

"Oh, is that so..."

"I have a good relationship with people like Count Castle Rock, Duchess Catherine, and Count Elise."

I also had a very good relationship with the nobles of the pro-emperor faction.

"With Victor Hart..."

Victor Hart, who was standing near the Emperor, sent me a questioning look, but I averted my gaze and continued.

"Since Cha Hee-ra and I are also close..."

"Ah... is that so? Hahaha. I see. Come to think of it... Victor Hart, you said you think of that red-haired foreigner like a daughter... right? My old friend got a very good son-in-law in his later years..."