Chapter 379: Fact Always Wins (5)

'I will remain here and keep my seat.'

'Will you?'

'Yes, if you don't come back within three hours...'

'That won't happen.'

'No, if you do not come back within three hours, I will send troops right away. I told you clearly. It's just for three hours, Senior Bishop Priest.'

'Okay, I'll make sure to come back within three hours.'

'The condition is not to use this meeting for propaganda. You must tell him. And right after returning...'

'Yev Karina, I'll tell you what we talked about.'

'Yes, then, please, Senior Bishop Priest.'

'No, I'm feeling rather grateful. It must have been an unreasonable request... Then, I'll be back.'

'I'll accompany you to the entrance.'

The conversation I had exactly two hours and 22 minutes ago was constantly lingering in my mind. Naturally, the thought of whether or not I did the right thing crossed my mind.

It was certainly not impossible to communicate between the confronting troops during a war, but this was certainly an exception.

I didn't even ask for permission from a senior unit for the meeting of Honorary Cardinal Lee Kiyoung, and the Senior Bishop Priest of the Republic.

I couldn't even imagine them accepting the proposal from this side so easily.

'They don't think it's a trap?'

From the standpoint of the State, it was certainly understandable to think of this as a trap. The Republic mainly contained propaganda that slandered Honorary Cardinal Lee Kiyoung and actually pointed him as the official enemy of the continent.

However, he seemed overly calm, waiting at the meeting place. He really didn't look like to be thinking this was a trap. I had only encountered him for a second, but his quiet smile was still in my mind.

He believed that the Republican camp would not do anything useless.

'No... why didn't I go in with Bishop Priest?'

This was an excuse telling myself that I had to stay here. In fact, the answer was already there.

'This was because I didn't have the confidence not to be shaken.'

I must have been afraid that all my beliefs regarding the Republic and about my values would collapse.

I indeed wanted to know the truth. However, I didn't have the confidence to face him directly. Though contradictory, I thought it couldn't be helped because I was a coward.

'It's also someone I will fight...'

Looking out the window, I could see the small tent where they were still talking.

It was natural to wonder what kind of conversation was going on. It was then that a voice came from the side.

"Will it be fine? Yev Karina."

"Oh, Jun Weng was here."

"..."

"It will probably be okay. They're not going to do anything stupid. Although it's an unofficial conversation, it's a conversation between priests. The Senior Bishop Priest is not going to do such a stupid thing either."

"I see. Senior Bishop Priest..."

"No need to worry. He's a little stubborn, but he's someone that the Republic really needs. He will never do anything that harms his home country. From his point of view, it's us instead that wouldn't look trustworthy, because we are foreigners."