Chapter 338: Aftereffect (4)

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Where did you hear it?"

"I heard it from the people of Laios."

She nodded her head as if convinced, but when I looked at Jung Hayan's confident face, somehow, it didn't sound convincing.

Of course, it didn't mean that I didn't believe in Jung Hayan, but I simply could not rule out the possibility of it being a lie to grab my attention.

I had to look for someone to judge the truth.

As if asking if this was really true, I looked at Cho Hyejin, and unexpectedly, she nodded and opened her mouth.

"Yes. It is true. I don't know exactly, too, but... I have heard it like Hayan."

"What?"

"There is no way to tell whether it is true or not, but... Sometimes it is said that a special entity among the elves is born with that ability. Of course, there is no known difference between the cleanliness of the soul or simply the distinction between good and evil. In fact, there is so little information about the elves that there will be no exact information, especially for the high elves."

"You mean high elf?"

"Yes. It is said to be a story passed down among continental people. Considering that Princess Elena is a high elf born after thousands of years, it's plausible enough... Oh! Stories of high elves looking at clean souls often appear in fairy tales and stories of the State."

"Ah..."

'This is rather more convincing...'

It was far from meaning that it was absurd to appear in children's books, traditions, and stories on this continent because this was not the Earth.

Most of the children's books and legendary stories here were based on true stories, and there were actually many dungeons and monsters discovered because of these. There was nothing strange about that.

It was not strange for an elf to pop out, looking at the cleanliness of the soul.

'This is making me worried...'

In fact, there was nothing to feel guilty about. I was already a hero among the heroes who had saved Laios, no, even the continent.

Even if they judged my soul to be unclean, it would be difficult to find a situation in which they would condemn me. Following this mindset, it wouldn't make sense to worry much.

Light Kiyoung's magical power was filled with divine power, and his title was also inscribed as "Continental Guardian."

Although things were a bit twisted, it was also true that I had saved Laios.

Perhaps...

'Who knows if my soul has become a little cleaner?'

There were countless numbers of good things I had done recently.

Things got a little twisted in the first round, but anyway, wasn't I currently working hard for the camp of light in Kim Hyunsung's arms?

Although I had begun to think like this, it was no wonder that I began to feel anxious because anything could happen. In fact, it didn't matter as to what would happen, but looking good was still an important part of the job.

In the end, I had to open my mouth toward Cho Hyejin. I had to refrain from pretending that I was sick anymore, but this much was okay.

"Hyejin, do you have a wheelchair here?"