Chapter 386: The Winner Doesn't Pay The Price (3)

"It's definitely tricky."

"Yes, Jin Qing. It is even more so because the walls themselves are extremely specialized in magic defense. The barrier of the shaman of the State is also..."

"It won't be that easy to attack."

"Yes. There is no other answer except for an all-out siege. The story would be different if we could deal a strong physical shock to it, but it'll be difficult to destroy the wall itself unless something like a dragon arrives. If the supply situation inside Castle Rock wasn't acceptable, then it might take more time."

"It would have taken far too long. How's the state of our troops?"

"The damage is less for a few knocks on the gate. They, too, are saving arrows as much as possible..."

"Castle Rock is important."

"..."

"But not important enough for us to use everything on it. The Eastern Front isn't the only road to Lindel or the capital. The Celia front had also been completely pushed back yesterday. The same goes for Dawan."

Castle Rock was vital, but it wasn't valuable enough for them to pour out everything they had on it. In other words, the Castle Rock Front was a pie that everyone could drool over.

I was deeply impressed when I thought of the time I had accumulated to turn this significant and essential front into the perfect bait. It had been designed so that not only enemies but also even allies wouldn't notice the grand scheme at play. The large painting made me refreshed my memory about how brilliant Jin Qing was.

Anyone who observed the troops' movements or the current front on a large map would've assumed that the Republic was aiming for Castle Rock.

Even during the numerous wars in the past, Castle Rock had always been a formidable wall against the Republic and an impenetrable fortress for the State.

Even when all other eastern fronts were attacked, it was never possible to obtain Castle Rock, and historically, Castle Rock became a symbol of sorts.

'If we pierce...'

On the contrary...

'If they don't go through...'

That was the kind of situation that always revolved around Castle Rock. Of course, I couldn't dismiss it as a simple symbol.

Still, Castle Rock was one of the crucial strongholds between the State and the Republic, and the benefits of obtaining the place were beyond words. That was why the named ones settled to protect Castle Rock when troops had been pushed into the Eastern Front.

Three out of the Eight Seats of the State always stood to protect the small castle.

That wasn't all. The main troops the State was proud of also laid coiled within Castle Rock. Naturally, the quality and quantity of the forces invested in other regions gave relatively more investment than focusing all of them on one side.

Castle Rock had become harder, but less critical areas had indeed become softer as a result.

The way he saw them wasn't big but relatively invisible. We had cut off supplies to Castle Rock and reinforcements coming from other regions.

Other than the eastern front, we scored points and even gave out some of the areas.

One could be seen as a small amount, but collectively, it was by no means a negligible number. It was clear that the opposite side would think the same thing, but I felt I had no choice but to follow the Republic's intentions.