Chapter 278: Unwanted plan (2)

The existence of the First Princess within the Empire was troublesome.

The Emperor was also well aware of it, and for that reason, he had refrained from letting the First Princess do any important tasks, for fear that she would cause trouble.

'It's not just that.'

It was no wonder that he was worried about her as a father.

If I were the Emperor, I wouldn't be able to leave the First Princess as she was, too.

Right now, it was good to have the Emperor's protection, but if I were to think about him going back to the arms of the Goddess Benigore, it was pretty obvious as to what would happen afterward.

The Second Princess would probably ascend to the throne, and the First Princess would be disadvantaged somehow.

She may not end up with simple discipline if she were to cause some trouble, just like now.

From a father's point of view, that may make him feel uneasy. However...

'But this is ridiculous. Ridiculous.'

If this old man also had a conscience, he would never think that way.

Today, I was worried upon seeing his serious face, but I don't think he was thinking the same as me.

He would not come up with an unforgivable offer.

My intuition kept ringing with warnings, but the problem was that I couldn't do anything right now.

I had to somehow stop the line from popping out of his mouth.

"I met her for a moment in the morning."

"Right... how is she..."

"She is a little psychologically unstable, but... It seemed that she was deeply aware of her own mistakes."

"I'm glad she thinks so..."

I didn't want to talk about Charlia anymore.

"Rather than that, I heard that your Majesty had a drink yesterday..."

"I did. And the reason why I called Honorary Bishop Lee Kiyoung today is that I was thinking about having a drink together. Today, I have something to tell you..."

"It's not good for your health, Your Majesty."

"Hohoho. I think the Honorary Bishop really cares about me. Even if you say the same thing as other loyalists, what you say sounds a little different... It's amazing."

"Who would think different than wanting Your Majesty to be healthy? Perhaps the reason Your Majesty feels that way is because Your Majesty has more confidence in me."

"Right. I trust Honorary Bishop Lee Kiyoung. Yes... Absolutely. That's why I wanted to say..."

"Haha. In order to repay His Majesty's trust, I must work really hard."

My form of distraction was not working. It looked like he had already made up his mind.

'It may not be what I'm thinking, however.'

The Emperor had different troubles, and perhaps he would say something completely different.

No matter how much of a troublemaker Charlia was, I was a foreigner who was not included in the imperial category.

No matter how I was to think about it, it was a situation where many difficulties were blooming.

As the Emperor quietly raised his hand, some maids popped out and started pouring wine into a glass.