Chapter 283: Please, Revolutionize (2)

"Sacred Democracy."

"What?"

"It is a book written by a man named Oscar. Honorary Bishop Lee Kiyoung probably wrote and distributed it. I think everyone has read it. The more I read it, the more I think it's a really interesting book. In places where the foreigners lived, this idea seems to be common. I knew it, but it was true that our Empire was in retreat."

"... ...

"This book, completed in a matter of days by a foreigner, completely denies the current regime of the Empire. Anyone who thinks such a way will know how the Empire's vested interests have led its people with absurd ideas. He didn't say anything wrong. All humans are equal."

"What does Your Majesty... think of this Sacred Democracy?"

"Excellent. It's very good. Of course, the idea of ??bringing democracy based on the doctrine of Goddess Benigore bothers me a bit because there is a conflict with the ideals we want. Rome wasn't built in one day, right? I can't even argue that this is the best course of action right now. He might have thought that the Goddess's will must be laid on the ground for the imperialists who are still accustomed to the imperial system to stand up. He may have thought of the Pope's side support, too. In a way, it is a genius idea to draw in the doctrine of the Goddess."

"Definitely..."

"Yes. There may be some side effects, but it's just as effective. He might be focusing on the restless imperial people."

"I'm glad that what you thought has worked out, Your Majesty."

"This is just the beginning. Yes. It is more important what happens from now on."

I could see their faces nodding and responding to my words.

Seeing that everyone's eyes were sunken, it looked like they hadn't slept well yesterday while reading the book.

That was obvious.

This little book was, strictly speaking, the first new kind of Bible in circulation in the Empire. It was a book containing the ideas and ideals from the continent of the foreigners.

Of course, it wasn't without fault, but as I said earlier, I thought this was a problem that time would eventually solve.

For now, the top priority was to overturn the current system of the Empire. The work that had been done little by little from the old days has only begun to bear fruit.

'My prediction was correct.'

It was right to judge that, if I pushed him to a corner, he would destroy the system.

Of course, it was much faster and more radical than expected, so I was surprised, but it seemed to remind me that he was competent, so I could confirm once again that this decision was correct.

'I thought it would take at least six more months...'

In less than a month, a strange atmosphere had formed throughout the Empire.

Unlike me, who couldn't figure out how and where to start, he was doing things perfectly. It would be strange if my jaw hadn't dropped.

Civil revolution.

It was a dream and a wish that had been in my mind for a long time.

If I were to think about it, the first idea came when I overheard the conversation between the foreigners, Cha Hee-ra and Victor Hart, a few years ago.

'Old man Victor, there were no nobles or Emperor where we lived. I've never learned this etiquette.'

It was just one word, really just one word.