Chapter 350: The Elves' City (5)

If I were to think a little bit about their current situation, the answer would come quickly.

The Eberian Kingdom had been able to live a wealthy life while maintaining its closing policy until now, all because of the World Tree.

I had no choice but to think that something was wrong right now.

The continent's resources were not infinite. The reason why the Kingdom of Eberia, completely disconnected from the outside world, could continue to develop was nothing else.

'It means the resources are endless.'

I didn't know with what mechanism the city was working, but it was undeniable that most elves depended on the World Tree, and considering that soil and drinking water were also affected, the answer was already there.

The same went for defense systems. Historically, the Kingdom of Eberia had constantly resisted external threats. Many countries were now adopting laws to ban the interracial slave trade, but it was not in the past.

Most of the authoritative nobles had elven slaves. There was even a precedent that they invaded the Kingdom of Eberia on a national or territorial basis, so there was no need to explain what the situation was like.

The World Tree was closely related to their lives as well as the existence of the Kingdom.

However, said World Tree was rotting.

'It can be said that it is on the verge of breaking down.'

From their standpoint, they had no choice but to find an alternative quickly. If the World Tree collapsed as it was, the future of Eberia was almost as obvious.

They would be struggling with resources and would not be able to cope with external threats properly. If I exaggerated a bit, troops would be sent to bite them from all over the place.

I didn't know if that would become a reality or not, but at least it was enough to make the leaders nervous.

At the same time, the Laios' demon summonsing case bursts. The State was still a country that could be classified as a powerful country, and the image of Laios, who spent most of their time as a neutral country, was inevitably better.

It meant they would have thought that joining us was their way to live. If they could trade with the outside world, they could get out of the situation of limited resources and even prevent other threats.

Of course, the fact that they reacted negatively to black magic also helped to encourage the choice, but the fundamental reason lay in their own crisis.

When I looked at Elena slightly, she looked serious, but she didn't seem to think that the alliance had political reasons.

'She's naive.'

By comparison, Elios must have acted with all of this in mind.

It seemed that the State was worried that this would be a cause of concern, but even in there, Eberia was prey that they did not want to miss.

There were many resources in the forest and the external image we could get from joining them.

Of course, if we knew that their resources were on the verge of running out, we would not have proceeded with the alliance on equal terms.

In a way, we were scammed. It wasn't enough that the back was tingling, but it was correct to say that we had suffered minor damage.

"The root of the World Tree..."

"It is still in progress. The investigation continues from the point of discovery to the present, but the cause has not been directly discovered. At first, the rotting area was very small, but now, about a third of the roots are completely contaminated. The rate of erosion is very..."

Regressor Instruction Manual (PART 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara