Chapter 318: In the Name of Light (3)

I could see the lieutenant, who had come with me, with her mouth open.

She was probably expressing surprise at the barrier in front of her.

She was also a wizard. There was no way she couldn't recognize its worth.

"Is it fascinating? Ludmilla."

"I-I'm sorry."

"No. I can understand. Since you're also studying this science... It would be strange not to be surprised."

"It feels... It feels like we have entered a dungeon, sir."

"Strictly speaking, it is far from a dungeon. There's no system judgment in this place. It will be easier to think that someone made it artificially."

"If that's true, isn't it even more amazing? The very fact that a human can create this kind of magic barrier... It's hard to understand from my common sense..."

"If..."

"Yeah."

"If you are a specialized wizard, it will be possible. This is not a matter of magic power but rather a matter of technique... As you can see, it is designed quite complexly. Even those who are familiar with magic won't be able to figure it out at once. This is enough to think that the class or attribute related to this... is most likely to be at least legendary-grade."

"Legendary-grade..."

"Probably, it is the work of one of the State's Eight Seats or the Republic's Five Tiger Generals or someone who has similar powers. The most appropriate person would be the State's shaman. Or a wizard hiding in the magical kingdom..."

"But isn't she not a wizard? To be precise, she is close to a sorcerer..."

"Of course, this is not her doing. Her magic has a different mechanism than the magic we use. If it were her doing, I would have noticed right away. Of course, the State wouldn't have done such a stupid thing."

"Then, sir."

"Yes."

"Are you saying that the person who made this barrier and the person who dropped the magic this morning is not the same person?"

Of course, I had to nod at the question.

It was hard to say that the same person cast the two magics, no matter how I thought about it.

The fact that the one who had the magic of formidable power and the user of defensive boundary magic that even I found hard to decipher was the same person was impossible, even on a continent where there were many incomprehensible things.

The two magic were entirely different types of magic.

It would be impossible for a genius on top of a genius to master both magic, which was not easy to get to the level even if one kept digging on only one thing.

"It's highly likely they're not the same person."

"I knew it... If so, it would be right to think that this is a specific group targeting us."

"Yes. I think it's probably right that they planned it for us at the national level."

"National level..."

"I don't know what the purpose is, but..."

"Is there any possibility that it's the State?"

"It won't be them."

Something was suspicious about this whole thing.

However, if it was the Lee Kiyoung I knew, he would have no reason to do this. The political problems this would bring would be massive.