Chapter 293: Half-baked Revolution (8)

What she was thinking was obvious. If she wasn't cursing me right now, then she was probably thinking as to how shameless I was.

Her face looked as if she wanted to question or say something, but when she saw Cardinal Basel and Duchess Catherine approaching, she deftly closed her mouth.

In fact, the reason why she was able to come out of her hiding place and come here was also because of my help from before.

If I hadn't, she would still have to hide in fear of being swept away by this fire.

"Hahaha. It was a fact that even I didn't know. Charlotte-nim seems to have been the secret contributor to this event."

"Thanks to you. You helped a lot, Your Majesty."

Of course, she deserved a thumbs up. I affirmed that if I had done it alone, I would never have been able to complete the revolution in such a quick time.

When she opened her mouth, I can see that her gaze had focused on me again.

"I haven't been able to tell you, but in fact, it wouldn't be wrong to say Charlotte is the number one contributor to this revolution. We spread the Sacred Democracy together and spared no effort in supporting both sides ways! It is said that despite having a big contribution, you give up everything for the imperial people, so it would be nice for other imperial members to be as good as Charlotte. The people would probably never have risen."

"......"

"Hahaha. Am I right, Charlotte? It seems that our Charlotte-nim is so thrilled that she can't talk properly. Of course, that's understandable, since we are on the verge of completing the revolution you dreamed of. Oh! And the same goes for the nobles who follow the Second Princess. Well then, come here. In fact, you couldn't join us in the Declaration of Support for the Civil Revolution, but all the imperial people will know that you were with us in your heart."

I could see some nobles reading the room. Duchess Catherine and Countess Elise were also holding the hands of other nobles having conversations, while the others, who were a little nervous at first, began to settle down.

They had already figured out which one here was the popular one.

'That's right.'

Those who really sympathized with Charlotte's will were still with her, but those who were acting for their personal gain already had their switch posture button pressed. She kept rubbing her lips as if she had something to say, but in this friendly atmosphere, causing a quibble would be hard.

She probably cared more about the nobles behind her rather than herself.

She understood that the imperial people would judge not only her, but also the nobles with her if I were to say one word.

"Hahaha. You can laugh. Charlotte-nim, although some blood was spilled, it is still a victory for the people."

I didn't intend to get under her skin, but her fists trembled once again as if she didn't like the way I talked. When I quietly asked for a handshake, she held my hand tightly.

'Ouch, it hurts.'

It was fun as it seemed to represent her feelings.

"Hahaha. I didn't know that Honorary Cardinal Lee Kiyoung would be close to Charlotte-nim..."

"We're not that close, Cardinal Basel. We were connected as we were running toward the same goal. Charlotte-nim also has a special regard for the Goddess."

"I know that well! Charlotte-nim made a very big decision. It would have been a hard decision..."

"Isn't that proof that she is thinking about the imperial people and the Goddess? Haha. Well, well. Come this way. I will escort you. You might see angry people... so you will probably be safe with me. Charlotte-nim."